Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-08-2017, 11:18 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 SANTE 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
We have a thread like this on another forum I frequent and I thought it would be cool to see if we had any av geeks on Team Talk. I've been fascinated by planes for as long as I can remember and will soon be starting a career where I'll be spending a lot of time in airplanes (in the back not the front).

If you're a pilot, lets see what you fly or the views from your cockpit! If you were a pilot in the military, show us your jets/tankers/helicopters/etc.! If found or made a cool video, share it! If you work(ed) on airplanes, let us know!

This thread is open to any and all for questions, discussion, BS, and photos/videos.

Here are a couple of pictures from my most recent flight
I love this idea! I've also been a plane junkie.

I grew up under the flight patterns for Ogden Muni, Hill AFB and Plant 42 (B2, Shuttle). I OD'd on GenAv books at the library that images and specs of every type registered in the US from Cessna's to King Airs to helicopters and, like other useless knowledge, I still retain most of that today. Right before I bought my Prostar190 I took an intro flight lesson over Long Beach to make the decision get my pilot's license or buy a boat.

The idea of flying broke down when I did the total non-emotional exercise of building out the total costs of a lifetime of wet rental fees or buying/storing/maintaining a plane.
#1 I compared that a majority of my 40+hrs/yr would be selfishly spent alone in a plane vs having fun on the water with my family. And that was before AVGas went through the roof.
#2 for less than the cost of a lifetime of flying I could buy a lakefront cabin...hopefully that's only 1-2 promotions away.

So, I gawk at & admire aviation as a conflicted wannabe. About once a year, I wind up on Controller.com shopping around, dreaming. Plus, now that a X23 rivals the cost of some amazing six seat planes, who knows...
Old 02-08-2017, 11:26 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: None Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I love this idea! I've also been a plane junkie.

I grew up under the flight patterns for Ogden Muni, Hill AFB and Plant 42 (B2, Shuttle). I OD'd on GenAv books at the library that images and specs of every type registered in the US from Cessna's to King Airs to helicopters and, like other useless knowledge, I still retain most of that today. Right before I bought my Prostar190 I took an intro flight lesson over Long Beach to make the decision get my pilot's license or buy a boat.

The idea of flying broke down when I did the total non-emotional exercise of building out the total costs of a lifetime of wet rental fees or buying/storing/maintaining a plane.
#1 I compared that a majority of my 40+hrs/yr would be selfishly spent alone in a plane vs having fun on the water with my family.
#2 for less than the cost of a lifetime of flying I could buy a lakefront cabin...hopefully that's only 1-2 promotions away.

So, I gawk at & admire aviation as a conflicted wannabe. About once a year, I wind up on Controller.com shopping around.
I lived on the approach to Dallas-Love this past summer and even though (almost) all of the planes were the same, I'd still look up every time I heard one fly overhead. My neighbor has his pilot's license and has been trying to talk me into pursuing mine, but we'll see how it all shakes out.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:35 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1980 Glastron Carlson CVX-16 Deluxe w 1981 Evinrude 140
This is my last toy. 1966 Mooney M20E. Sold the Agwagon. Mooney is now for sale. 35,000 A lot cheaper than a new Mastercraft. Name:  Picture 003.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  120.2 KB
Old 02-08-2017, 11:42 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: paddle
I have always loved the Mooney. Little sports cars of the air. I've flown in one a few times for work. VP of sales owned a half share. Makes short work of 150 mile trips for sure.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:55 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
I have always loved the Mooney. Little sports cars of the air. I've flown in one a few times for work. VP of sales owned a half share. Makes short work of 150 mile trips for sure.
It doesn't hurt that you can drive right up to the plane and hop on either
Old 02-08-2017, 12:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 mastercraft CSX, mcx350.
[quote=jbmccul;1317641]Very cool! So you're the reason its not 100+ degrees on the plane in the summer

Exactly!! and to keep the poopers flowing and the drinks cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2017, 12:06 PM
MC Fanatic

[quote=waterbuffalo;1317695]
Quote:
Very cool! So you're the reason its not 100+ degrees on the plane in the summer

Exactly!! and to keep the poopers flowing and the drinks cold.

I assure you that it is all greatly appreciated!
Old 02-08-2017, 12:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 mastercraft CSX, mcx350.
[quote=jbmccul;1317698]
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbuffalo View Post

I assure you that it is all greatly appreciated!

👍👍

Old 02-08-2017, 01:02 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 X23 w/ 6.2
Conflict in standards???

I took a similar picture back in 1999, but can't find it. Here is one from the web
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2017, 01:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Searching
Quote:
From the looks of that seat you get to fly much closer to the front than I do!
Only if the System Wide Upgrade clears!