Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-05-2014, 11:43 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Hey, my other Oregon team won....Go Beavers.......

Beavers and Ducks.....who named these teams anyway??

More about sports team names.....(copied from another forum, all in good fun)

Dear Mr. Page:

I always love your articles and I generally agree with them. I would suggest, as in an email I received, they change the name to the "Foreskins" to better represent their community, paying tribute to the dick heads in Congress.

I agree with our Native American population. I am highly insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins. One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.

Let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60's alive. It's offensive to us white folk.

The New York Yankees offend the Southern population. Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? No! There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young men's lives.

I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names. Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged. We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh Pirates!

Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our children. The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even spending habits, wrong message to our children.

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic, wrong message to our children.
The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates, wrong message to our children.

The Milwaukee Brewers, well that goes without saying, wrong message to our children.

So, there you go. We need to support any legislation that comes out to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become involved with this issue, as they should. Just the kind of thing the do-nothing Congress loves.

As a diehard Oregon State fan, my wife and I, with all of this in mind, suggest it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women's athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers."
2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif
Old 10-05-2014, 12:09 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Go Frogs!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 10-05-2014, 07:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by klchristian View Post
I'm guessing you're a badger fan as I am myself. Our QB situation has been **** since Wilson left... right now the only thing our QBs are good for is handing it off to Gordon and throwing picks

I can't watch Stave play... he is terrible
It's tough to lose when you get 280 rushing yards against NW. I've lost faith in Gary Anderson even though the qb situation stinks. Personally, I'd rather see stave out there if they keep the same offense or McEvoy with more read option offense.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1985 stars&stripes
I got a FEVER!!!! Only cure is more cowbell! I watched my brother play for three years down there 04,05,&06. Never imagined they would get to be this good. Go dawgs!
Old Today, 08:31 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
To any universities looking for a defensive coordinator, Will Muschamp will be available soon...

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old Today, 08:42 AM

Boat: 06 X30
CP, SEC west baby!!!