a 120 lb dumbell in each hand
now im with ya.......
Old 10-19-2017, 06:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 x15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Just here to supply lube. Where you at Corbin?! Lol
Men are talking Aric..... I didnt know this thread was still going. I'm gonna have to revise some numbers. Atlas stones anyone?
Old 10-20-2017, 04:21 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '99 205v
Quote:
Originally Posted by mts205 View Post
Men are talking Aric..... I didnt know this thread was still going. I'm gonna have to revise some numbers. Atlas stones anyone?
Now youíre talking! I shouldered a 240 pound stone not too long ago. It was the heaviest they had, but I didnít feel like I had a whole lot more in me honestly. Maybe 250? Iíd like to do it more often, for sure.

My brother and I workout together a lot. We usually do some strength work, a short metcon/HIIT workout, and then finish up with grunt work. Yoke carries, sled push/pulls, stuff like that. He has outfitted his garage as a Crossfit gym. Heís got just about everything. Barbells, dumbbells, racks, tons of weight in bumpers, pull up bars, rowers, a yoke, a sled, kettlebells, etc. I workout with him so much Iím going to contribute something, and it might be a few atlas stones since that is something he doesnít have yet. I was thinking these molds look good: https://www.roguefitness.com/slater-stone-molds

Have you used a mold you like?
Old 10-20-2017, 04:55 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Just here to supply lube. Where you at Corbin?! Lol
Getting old. Still lifting heavy tho.. I'm just a little guy anyway

Last edited by clrussell; 10-20-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 x15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post
Now youíre talking! I shouldered a 240 pound stone not too long ago. It was the heaviest they had, but I didnít feel like I had a whole lot more in me honestly. Maybe 250? Iíd like to do it more often, for sure.

My brother and I workout together a lot. We usually do some strength work, a short metcon/HIIT workout, and then finish up with grunt work. Yoke carries, sled push/pulls, stuff like that. He has outfitted his garage as a Crossfit gym. Heís got just about everything. Barbells, dumbbells, racks, tons of weight in bumpers, pull up bars, rowers, a yoke, a sled, kettlebells, etc. I workout with him so much Iím going to contribute something, and it might be a few atlas stones since that is something he doesnít have yet. I was thinking these molds look good: https://www.roguefitness.com/slater-stone-molds

Have you used a mold you like?
I just picked up a 240lb mold from slater recently, his seem to be better than the others. Order directly from slaters hardware and save some on shipping, it will take 2-3 weeks for it to ship though. I'm loving yoke walks and farmers handles lately. 600lb on the yoke back and forth is fun (and brutal)
Old 10-23-2017, 09:36 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 Gen II X30 SS
Its all about longevity now! In your 50's you realize "ride it like u stole it" is for 40yr olds! All that heavy stuff and impacts earlier in life tears you up now...I still do all the activities I used to (DH Bike, surfing, long board, backcountry sledding), but my days of learning new high impact sports are past. So, I'll probably never be able to do flips on a wakeboard, my DH hucks arent 10-15' anymore & I go around more than through, and I gave up dodging traffic longboarding!! High rep lower weight to maintain strength and endurance - and flexibility above all else. Ive also finally figured out that if the choice is to hit a rock or a tree - always take the rock as they actually move more than a tree or at least you might roll over it.