Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 02-07-2016, 06:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft pro star 190 corvette LT1 1997

Carpet out and floor pressure washed and cleaned waiting for it to dry then gonna start cutting carpet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2016, 10:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1986 Mastercraft Slot
Nice job cleaning out the old residue.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:25 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 Prostar 197 TT
I did this a few winters back on my 99' Sportstar. I removed all the seats and took them to an upholstery shop to replace the skins. and then did the carpet myself.

I was really pleased with the Corinthian marine carpets. I think they even sent me a bunch of samples squares.

https://www.corinthian-marine-carpet.com/

Here was my thread:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=51252

Good luck!
Old 02-08-2016, 05:34 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonwa View Post
I did this a few winters back on my 99' Sportstar. I removed all the seats and took them to an upholstery shop to replace the skins. and then did the carpet myself.

I was really pleased with the Corinthian marine carpets. I think they even sent me a bunch of samples squares.

https://www.corinthian-marine-carpet.com/

Here was my thread:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=51252

Good luck!
yes unfortunately money hasnt worked in my favor on this project so for now i am only going to the carpet and then this coming winter i will get the vinyl replaced. i chose to go with the overtons brand first off because of the discount i was able to get during the boat show and second to me i liked the way the carpet felt better. To each its own, but i did just finish your thread awesome build you had i am going to be rebuilding the back seat with a stronger base and will also be building a taller support so that the seat cushion can be raised to the top as a sun deck.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:20 PM
TT Regular

Carpet down and being test fitted almost ready for glue

Starboard side all glued down with pressure on it ended up using the glue by spreading with a 3/32 trowel in all the areas that were accessible and the areas that were not I used marine and waterproof spray adhesive to get to the areas I couldn't reach ran out of time so going to do the other side on Friday then let both sides cure good before I start the final trimmings around the engine and compartments not looking forward to redoing the carpet on the gunnel boards with all the staples

Old 02-10-2016, 11:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 Prostar 197 TT
That is looking great. Brings me back to that winter I did mine. The hardest part for me was the curvature on the lower half of the motor box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2016, 09:23 PM
TT Regular

Got the other side of the carpet glued down today got the fuel tank back in and ended up ditching the mufflers for awhile for a change but will most likely put them back on tomorrow starts the final trimmings and clean up then the upholstery goes back in and gunnel lights, led speaker rings, new driveshaft packing, new trailer jack, finish the trailer runway lights and some other small things oh and of course buffing the boat out to get her ready for the lake..

Tags
190, carpet, prostar, vinyl