MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
I'm sure we can all at least appreciate this one
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2012, 11:42 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorczak1 View Post
All great stuff...however the electorate does not understand the constitution. Ok they are fricken clueless. They are hung up on preserving rights that both left and right are stripping us of. Most everyone has forgotten that Glass-Stegall started this mess... it's too complex and issue for the majority of the electorate to comprehend though they cheered for clinton when he spoke at President Obama's convention.

I wish every person looked back and looked which administration gave them the best quality of life.

It's too bad RP didn't get a fair shake...but it's politics not logic.

If Obama wins we're screwed! Any body but Obama...I live in Illinois - it don't matter how I vote. The left has all the electorals all wrapped up...But I wiil vote.
What, exactly, did the Glass-Steagall Act start? It was put in place to cut down on speculating. BTW- it was repealed in '99, almost 50 years after bankers started expanding the types of activities banks had been engaging in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass%E2%80%93Steagall_Act
Old 09-12-2012, 05:15 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
What, exactly, did the Glass-Steagall Act start? It was put in place to cut down on speculating. BTW- it was repealed in '99, almost 50 years after bankers started expanding the types of activities banks had been engaging in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass%E2%80%93Steagall_Act
started easy money for real estate loans to people that could not afford it sub prime which lead invest banks to securitize loan portfolios which were sold off as investments which lead to investments that tanked when mortgage loans in those portfolios went into default.

This explains it... http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...nancial-crisis

Both sides are at fault - too bad Clinton signed it... He could have said no...he was leading.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:49 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorczak1 View Post
started easy money for real estate loans to people that could not afford it sub prime which lead invest banks to securitize loan portfolios which were sold off as investments which lead to investments that tanked when mortgage loans in those portfolios went into default.

This explains it... http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...nancial-crisis

Both sides are at fault - too bad Clinton signed it... He could have said no...he was leading.
OK, so you mean that the repeal of Glass-Steagall caused this, not the Act, itself? That's different from what your post seemed to say.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:19 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
OK, so you mean that the repeal of Glass-Steagall caused this, not the Act, itself? That's different from what your post seemed to say.
Yes you are correct - repealing caused was the beginning...

Sorry I assumed that it being repealed during clinton's watch was pretty common knowledge...sorry
Old 09-13-2012, 01:38 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2003 PS197, MCX, Powerslot
Well, better watch what your kids make for government class or the fbi may come knocking.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/14...rting-ron-paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsxkL...layer_embedded

I guess they should be coming to my house any day now.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:53 PM
MC Addict

An IMPORTANT Reality Check.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjXH...ayer_embedded#!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:22 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Since Obama's admin is responsible for this, we need to first get him out of office. Second, we need to make it known that "laws" like the NDAA will not be tolerated, those who authorize its use will be prosecuted and punished. If you vote for someone who WON'T be elected because he CAN'T get enough votes, you may as well vote for Obama.

Do you remember my comments about him (Obama) before the last election? And you guys told me to take off my tin foil hat. IIRC, you also called me naive recently. You really think a small group who votes for Paul will make a difference? They won't. Only removing the ones you oppose in office will make a difference.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:20 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Since Obama's admin is responsible for this, we need to first get him out of office. Second, we need to make it known that "laws" like the NDAA will not be tolerated, those who authorize its use will be prosecuted and punished. If you vote for someone who WON'T be elected because he CAN'T get enough votes, you may as well vote for Obama.

Do you remember my comments about him (Obama) before the last election? And you guys told me to take off my tin foil hat. IIRC, you also called me naive recently. You really think a small group who votes for Paul will make a difference? They won't. Only removing the ones you oppose in office will make a difference.
The worst piece of legislation, in my estimation, to come out of this administration is the NDAA. Section 1021 of this bill says the government can detain you without trial or any charges until the war with al queda is over. All they have to do is classify you as an enemy conbatant, this label can be placed on you for having more than 7 days worth of food in your house if you read the way in which 'enemy combatants' are classified. So, basically habeas corpus is gone and we better watch what we say, just ask Brandon Raub. obama signed it into law and obomney said in a primary debate that he would have signed it into law in its current form. So you see, there is no difference between the two, period. So in my estimation, since there is no difference between the two, unless gay marriage and other nefarious social issues are really at the top of your list, I'm voting for the man that can get this country turned around. And that man is RON PAUL.

I must prepare you, obomney is going to lose. After the shenanigans at the gop convention, his platform that he 'isn't obama', and his quarter billion dollar net worth spells a loss in November. Ron Paul has a lot of supporters that would typically vote republican, but after what they did at the convention.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Yes Friends.....the reality is that your vote for Ron Paul will re-elect BarryO. Regardless of how the story is told on the RonPaul youTube network.

Now thats an Important Reality check.

It's not rocket science.