Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 07-15-2015, 02:03 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
My question about Rwanda wasn't why didn't we do anything. My question was, with our power, should we have done anything to stop the killing of 1.2 million people?

I wouldn't of had any issue with putting on a ruck sack and doing my duty as seen by the elected officials. To me, doing something to stop the killings would be well worth my effort.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 07-15-2015, 02:07 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2003 PS197, MCX, Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
"Hitler was an idiot" isn't an answer.

I asked, what do you think would have happen had we not stop them? Do you think the war would not have come to us?

If you think we wouldn't had to deal with it because he had a two front war then how do you explain our two front war victory? What was it you said about critical thinking?
.....Yes yes yes....they would have come over on their u-boats and landed in manhattan, taken out all the liberal weenies, torn down the statue of liberty and then moved west and south until they were on the lawn of the white house......then they would have turned the plans from the pentagon into the octogon....because 8 is greater than 5....and we would have ALLLLL been speaking German. then they would have moved to the west and directed their u-boats up the mississippi for lateral support all the while abandoning their stronghold in the English Channel because they were worried about us.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
.....Yes yes yes....they would have come over on their u-boats and landed in manhattan, taken out all the liberal weenies, torn down the statue of liberty and then moved west and south until they were on the lawn of the white house......then they would have turned the plans from the pentagon into the octogon....because 8 is greater than 5....and we would have ALLLLL been speaking German. then they would have moved to the west and directed their u-boats up the mississippi for lateral support all the while abandoning their stronghold in the English Channel because they were worried about us.
Nice, I see you keep the serious questions and answers for other topics.

Feet to the fire people.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 07-15-2015, 02:16 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
My question about Rwanda wasn't why didn't we do anything. My question was, with our power, should we have done anything to stop the killing of 1.2 million people?

I wouldn't of had any issue with putting on a ruck sack and doing my duty as seen by the elected officials. To me, doing something to stop the killings would be well worth my effort.
No, because nowhere in our Constitution does is say we should police all of mankind. It says we should protect our country, period. Go ahead and beat me up for that point of view (also our founding fathers point of view), but if we were to have held to that standard, we would have a whole lot less problems, a lot less debt, and a whole lot less head-stones in Arlington Cemetery.

I admire your selflessness and thank you for it, but you should not be put in that position based on our founding document.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:18 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Nice, I see you keep the serious questions and answers for other topics.

Feet to the fire people.
Sorry, I was having fun. Nowhere, noway would Germany have made it here. Even if every american at the time would have written hitler a letter and said, bring it on could he have made it here. He had his hands full....and dare I say....we are a 'half a world away'.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:19 PM

The world isn't the same as when the found father's were dreaming up this great country of ours.

I will disagree with your on the a lot less problems point.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I was having fun. Nowhere, noway would Germany have made it here. Even if every american at the time would have written hitler a letter and said, bring it on could he have made it here. He had his hands full....and dare I say....we are a 'half a world away'.
I think you under estimate just how crazy and power hungry he was. Just like the Emperor of Japan and Saddam. It would not and did not stop at water boundaries.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Quote:
I prefer to think of it as providing alternate media outlets to promote critical thinking. The main stream media is little more than a propaganda machine at this point. Anyone that thinks they are getting news from the main stream media is in a dream world.
We agree on the mainstream media being propaganda and news w/an agenda.

However, all alternative sources of news are not necessarily the truth either.

People have been conditioned by TV news and can no longer think critically, nor discern truth from fiction.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:21 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1980 Glastron Carlson CVX-16 Deluxe w 1981 Evinrude 140
But this is not how you wage a war to win. You have to make it very unpalatable for the enemy to continue to fight. You do that by destroying everything he has, towns, cities, people, dogs, cats, military installations, supply bases, etc. basically everything the enemy owns or has contact with, just like it was done in the last real war we fought, WW2. He kills one of ours, we kill ten of his. He beheads one of ours and films it, we behead 10 of his on film. He plants an IUD and kills and maims 5 GIs, we destroy the town it happened in. When it becomes to costly to continue to fight they will give up because their own people will be against them. You know, like Germany, and Japan in 45, specifically Japan, they were not going to give up the fight, until we made smoking rubble out of 2 of their cities, and we did not give a s--t about a "surgical strike". That's war.

Quote:
We have surgical strikes because we care and we can. We have ROE to try and prevent unnecessary deaths. I'm sure CP will jump all over the "unnecessary deaths" and ask me why the others were necessary, in my opinion, without answering any of the questions put to him.

I never once felt like my hands were tied. In fact, we had all the tools at our disposal, but that doesn't mean we lit up a buss full of women just because we knew there was known IED maker on the buss. ROE serves a purpose.

Who elected us the world's keeper? Really? When good men do nothing... Have you ever witness a crime and done nothing about it?

If not me, who?

Last edited by roadster02; 07-15-2015 at 07:29 PM. Reason: damn spelling errors
Old 07-15-2015, 11:25 PM

I'll just pass on this. You clearly have no relevant knowledge of how we wage war.