Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old Today, 02:00 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190
Escalade ESV vs. yukon xl denali, vs suburban vs navigator L

In the market for a replacement to our 2007 Chevy suburban ltz. this is our 4th suburban we have owned and we bought it new and haven't had many issues with it at all. Its been a good vehicle for us. would buy new again but it makes more sense, in most cases, to buy one that has some depreciation out of it already.

Dont want to spend more than $70,000.

the suburban we have now is hauling something almost every time we use it. either our 24ft tri toon pontoon, my mastercraft prostar 190 or the lund pro v. in the winter it hauls snowmobiles or company enclosed trailers. if it isn't hauling it is full of the family. otherwise it is used on long company road trips or family road trips.

since we are hauling a lot i would like to get the 6.2 liter and 10 speed. seems mpg isn't much worse than the 5.3 (i dont worry about mpg much, if its empty fill it up.) we also love the air ride leveling suspension in our 07 and find it necessary on a new one we buy.

Since it is used for long trips and just because, i would like something pretty loaded features wise.

I love the looks of the new escalade and can find them for about 60-70 thousand with less than 10,000 miles on them. 2018 model year. almost the same exact price as a yukon xl denali used with the same miles. after all it is almost the same vehicle.

anyone have any experiences with the 6.2 reliability wise?
how does it tow with the 6.2 and 10 speed?

love the new Lincoln interior but thats about it. it sure beats the cadillac and denali in that aspect. would like to stay away form the ecoboost 3.5 because i had two of those (older generation however) and they were very poor reliability wise. I like V8s...

would also like to stray away from buying anything on the first year of the redesign.

I plan on keeping the vehicle for 5-10 years. our 07 has 135,000 miles on it now

Which vehicle makes the most sense to buy?? new suburbans are a lot more than they used to be..

If there are other vehicles that qualify let me know.

Last edited by tatronation; Today at 02:36 PM.
Old Today, 02:09 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 X30
I have a 2010 Escalade ESV. Bought it very gently used in 2014. The only issue Iíve had was with one of the power running boards. Tows the X30 great. The 6.2 is strong - short of a diesel, I donít think there is a better tow rig.
Old Today, 02:32 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: paddle
There are dozens of threads on this very topic.

Here is one: https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...t=yukon+denali
Old Today, 02:44 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
There are dozens of threads on this very topic.

Here is one: https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...t=yukon+denali
I used the search function and couldn't find anyone comparing the 2018 denali vs the 2018 escalade if they are about the same price used. just looking for advice.
Old Today, 02:45 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatronation View Post
I used the search function and couldn't find anyone comparing the 2018 denali vs the 2018 escalade if they are about the same price used. just looking for advice.
theyre basically the same thing

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old Today, 02:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 08 X45
With your budget, I'd take a hard look at waiting a year and looking in to a new Ford Expedition(I'd be leery about buying the 1st year of a new body style.) The new body style is sharp!

With that being said, you can't go wrong with the GM 6.2. The Escalade is going to have a little fancier interior than the Denali, outside of that that they're the same.
Old Today, 03:07 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2011 X25
You can get a new Denali with the options you are looking for under 70K. Laura GMC currently has 5x under your budget and a few right at the 70K mark. I personally would not pay extra for the Cadillac model but that's your call.
Old Today, 03:55 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2016 MasterCraft X26
I would go Navigator with the 3.5. It certainly doesnít sound like the 6.2 V8 put will pull much better. I had a 2013 Escalade and my previous F-150 put it to shame towing with all of the torque.

Most of my towing was up and down the mountains in VA (not too big) with a 25ft Chaparral. While the Escalade could pull, the F-150 did it with much more ease and for better gas mileage doing it. Of course that year of the Escalade was full time AWD.

Now I have an X26 and I wouldnít pull that with either one of those. Wish they brought back the 2500 Suburban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk