Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 09-16-2018, 11:31 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebull View Post
I just purchased an NXT 20 yesterday and paid to upgrade to the Advanced Audio and Tower Cans and Iím shocked to learn that you cannot at least switch off the Tower Cans! This is a huge oversight! I encourage MC and Klipsch to immediately develop a work around. My suggestion is to develop and on off switch for the cans that can be inserted between the plugs where wire harness from amp plugs into wire harness to Cans. The switch could then be easily mounted in back of glove box. I see that MC supplier B&H Electronics supplies the harness. Iím sure they could supply plugs to be combined with switch and inserted betweeen existing plugs. Come on MC - do the right thing and develop this easy fix to rectify a big oversight on your part!!
Do these speakers have their own amp? Put a switch on the remote turn on wire- it's low current and it doesn't pose any risk to the amplifier if it's mis-wired, the way a speaker level switch or relay could in the event that it's wired wrong.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:50 AM
MC Master Poster

I just looked for a link to the touch screen on the dash- said it was from a company called Murphy. How is it connected- NMEA2000? The link showed that the head unit is the Fusion IP-700 which, unless they made a model specifically for MC (which I doubt), it's the MS-IP700, which HAS four zone output control. Why they put a remote control at the left side of the dash, I don't know- if it's for other people in the boat to control, this head unit can connect to a router and be controlled by their app on an iPad, iPhone or Android.

I don't know why Garmin doesn't get into this market- they already make GPS systems with NMEA2000 interface that operates all kind of equipment like Radar, Sonar, trim, engine monitoring and video input from cameras and includes audio head unit controls- they do own Fusion, after all.

BTW- does everyone know that pressing the volume control reveals the zone controls?