Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-05-2018, 08:04 PM
MLA MLA is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2012
Boat: pontoon
Location: Lake Wylie Area
Posts: 1,538
Sounds like the "fix" or resolution, is the Premium option. Is that not available on the NXT?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-05-2018, 08:06 PM
MC25's Avatar
MC25 MC25 is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 14,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLA View Post
Sounds like the "fix" or resolution, is the Premium option. Is that not available on the NXT?
Nope. If I was buying an NXT, it would have a stereo delete and Id source my own equipment
__________________
-Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-05-2018, 08:35 PM
MLA MLA is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2012
Boat: pontoon
Location: Lake Wylie Area
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Nope. If I was buying an NXT, it would have a stereo delete and Id source my own equipment
Nope, as in the premium option that the Klipsch rep suggested in order to get the zone control, is not available on the NXT boats?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-05-2018, 08:45 PM
MC25's Avatar
MC25 MC25 is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 14,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLA View Post
Nope, as in the premium option that the Klipsch rep suggested in order to get the zone control, is not available on the NXT boats?
Correct not available
__________________
-Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-05-2018, 09:22 PM
Zrlee's Avatar
Zrlee Zrlee is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Boat: Mastercraft XT22 2018 5500GDI
Location: East Coast
Posts: 213
How does something like this get overlooked? It worked great in the JL system on previous year models. Couldn't have been a hard feature to add! Hopefully they'll figure something out and make it available via update.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-05-2018, 09:27 PM
lashburn1's Avatar
lashburn1 lashburn1 is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Location: Oceanside California
Posts: 5,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrlee View Post
How does something like this get overlooked? It worked great in the JL system on previous year models. Couldn't have been a hard feature to add! Hopefully they'll figure something out and make it available via update.
its is simply something to separate the Series of Boats, same with Hinges on the seats... it all adds up
If you are a stereo junkie, you can do not stereo when ordering and get something else
with more control
__________________

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Zrlee's Avatar
Zrlee Zrlee is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Boat: Mastercraft XT22 2018 5500GDI
Location: East Coast
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
its is simply something to separate the Series of Boats, same with Hinges on the seats... it all adds up
If you are a stereo junkie, you can do not stereo when ordering and get something else
with more control
I cant imagine Mastercraft said "lets leave off zone control from the $70k NXT22 so people will upgrade to the $100K XT22." It would be different if it were an available option to add on the NXT model. Don't forget this was a standard feature on previous NXT models. It seems to me that it was just simply an oversight and they will come up with a solution eventually.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Shaun R's Avatar
Shaun R Shaun R is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Boat: 2011 X25
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,737
The nice thing about the NXT is the stereo HU does not need to integrate into anything else. So it's an easy swap to another head unit that gives you the control you want. Or just order without the stereo and install exactly what you want.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-06-2018, 11:11 AM
SteveO's Avatar
SteveO SteveO is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Boat: 2017 NXT 22
Location: Center Hill Lake
Posts: 1,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrlee View Post
I cant imagine Mastercraft said "lets leave off zone control from the $70k NXT22 so people will upgrade to the $100K XT22." It would be different if it were an available option to add on the NXT model. Don't forget this was a standard feature on previous NXT models. It seems to me that it was just simply an oversight and they will come up with a solution eventually.
The old fusion head unit only had line level zones, and at least you had the aftermarket option to easily add a control to the JL amp that allowed you to separately control the tower or other. The real problem IMO is the XT series owner that dropped over 100k, doesn't order the dual screens and can't control zones separately. I really hope they change this as an XT22 may be on my radar for 2019 model year
__________________
2015 NXT20
2007 X2
2002 209
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-06-2018, 11:14 AM
Klipsch Klipsch is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: Klipsch
Location: Midwest
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun R View Post
The nice thing about the NXT is the stereo HU does not need to integrate into anything else. So it's an easy swap to another head unit that gives you the control you want. Or just order without the stereo and install exactly what you want.
For clarification on the NXT audio:

The Klipsch head unit is fully integrated into the Advanced Audio package. It's not possible to use an aftermarket head unit with the DSP and amplifiers. It does not, however, tie into other boat system controls like the Premium Audio package does.

The Klipsch head unit by itself does have high-level (speaker) outputs that could be used to feed an aftermarket amp that has high-level inputs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 AM.


2018