Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 08-01-2018, 05:26 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
Quote:
what ski are you on now?
I have an O'Brien Evidence, purchased 6-7 years ago from Wiley's Ski Shop in WA. I was talking with the older Mr. Wiley, and he basically told me to "buy it, you'll like it". So I did, and he was right. I believe he said that it was basically the same ski as a Kidder KD 7000.

The Senate hooks up better, carves through the turns more solidly, accelerates better.

If a ski had a personality, the Senate would say: ''You wanna play? Are you sure you can handle this? Ok, let's go!"
Old 08-01-2018, 05:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, 214, 2008
That sounds fun, I am currently looking for a new ski... loving the sound of the senate. It is interesting that skis have changed that much in 6 years.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:40 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 X2
Agree w/ Senat

FWIW...I picked up a 67 Senate allow this year and really love it. In fact, 3 others have skied on it as well and they all have raved about it. I'm 5'9, 180lbs, ski pretty hard and this ski fits me well and has elevated my game quite a bit this year. I went with the binding that has the BOA tightening system with the quick synch for the front boot and then went with the hybrid binding on the rear. I'd recommend the ski as well. Attached a couple of pics.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2018, 01:14 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
After a 4 year layoff I'm getting back out on the ski course. Of course, I'm starting to think about a new ski. You guys who are riding the Senate Alloy, are you skiing in the course or mostly free skiing? I'm just wondering if it would be good for course skiing at 34 mph at 22 - 32 off line lengths? I had an early version of the Radar Senate about 6-7 years ago and could never get it dialed in and ended up selling it. That ski hated me but I assume the design has changed a bit since then.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 08-27-2018, 05:13 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Rita View Post
I can't tell them apart. What's the difference?

As much as I like the Senate I wonder about the Radar Vapor.
?
Radar is actually pretty simple, all their course skis (ie not the butterknife or katana) are based on the same general shape, that being the outline, the bevels, the rocker, the tunnel etc.

Within that realm you have a Vapor, and the wider Senate, both again the same shape with a bit of volume added. Traditionally the vapor is the full on tournament shortline ski and the senate is a bit more supportive so it will ski higher, not slow down as hard etc. from having that extra width.

The "version" are about the material/stiffness.
Alloy<Graphite<Lithium<ProBuild and historically there is no Alloy Vapor and there wasn't a Probuild senate (BUT THERE IS NOW)

With each step up the ski gets a bit stiffer, and the core gets a bit lighter. With the cores going from a traditional urethane foam core to a PVC foam core, to a PMI foam core in the top end probuild. The lamination becomes more high tech as well.

Functionally I always tell those who ask the base models should get a skier through 32off and 34 mph, you may prefer the feel of a stiffer ski. But it isn't what holds skiers back. Expect a lot of Senate Graphite and Lithium available second hand when the 2019 probuild versions hit the market.