Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 07-06-2012, 01:38 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X-10 2005 350MCX
TAC Sensor

I had some problems with my 2005, X10, 350MCX a few weeks back and thought it was maybe oil pressure related. I would get a check engine alarm and no throttle response at lower speeds. I took it in and had a dealer put a computer on it and it came up with TAC faults. They replaced the TAC module and everything seemed fine for 3 or 4 days. Now, I am back where I started with the exact same issues. At times, I can run it for an hour without any problems, but the next hour it happens every time I idle around. If I shut the boat down for a couple of seconds and restart it, there is no alarm and I have complete throttle response again. I have not gotten any alarms at higher speeds, it happens only at idle or low (no wake) speeds. Any ideas?

srelMCX-10

Last edited by srelMCX-10; 07-06-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:03 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X-10 2005 350MCX
The error code that keeps showing when they plug it into a computer is 81. TAC fault or no TAC reply. I took it back into a dealer, and between them and Indmar they decided it was the Mono-Valve. They went ahead and replaced that and they are still getting the same 81 alarm. I feel like we are chasing a ghost!

srelMCX-10
Old 06-25-2018, 04:38 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: X2, 2005, MCX 350 V8.
Issue Resolved

Hi - did you ever resolve your issues?
I've got the same thing - "TAC No Reply". I've replaced the Throttle Body, Throttle Position Sensor and now I'm looking at replacing the TAC module.
Regards
Tony