Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 12-16-2017, 08:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Malibu 23 LSV, 1990 Prostar 190
The lack of zone control seems like a big pitfall. Curious, how much is the dual touch screen option?
Old 12-16-2017, 08:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft XT22 2018 5500GDI
Dual screen option is $10k on build site. Advanced audio is 2k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2017, 08:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft NXT20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
The lack of zone control seems like a big pitfall. Curious, how much is the dual touch screen option?
10k plus it requires the ztf4 tower from my understanding

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2017, 08:51 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '18 x23, '15 x10
The dual screen is very nice. Itís really unfortunate that there is such a disparity between the dual and single screens. I would much rather have the dual screens than the zft4 and I am not a tech not stereo geek. I think the usefulness of the dual screens is greater than the usefulness of zft2 v zft4.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:25 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 X23, prev 2017 XT20
I don't think you can create and save individual surf or wakeboard profiles with the small screen. This is a no go for me since this can make a major difference on wave quality depending on the number of people in the boat. I went with the dual screens on my 2018 x23 order.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:38 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPdx View Post
I don't think you can create and save individual surf or wakeboard profiles with the small screen. This is a no go for me since this can make a major difference on wave quality depending on the number of people in the boat. I went with the dual screens on my 2018 x23 order.
I believe you can on the new small screen.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 12-17-2017, 01:56 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X-Star 2009 X-Star (SOLD) 2003 X2 (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
I believe you can on the new small screen.
I was told you can t. I’d make sure.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:04 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: X46 that's not going away for any new Tanker
You were able to get zone control with a $700 fusion head unit and $150 per remote from nearly everywhere in the boat, still looking for real "Klipsch-improvements". Klipsch remotes don't even have displays... goin back to the 90's

It's always 5pm somewhere, time for a beer!
Old 12-17-2017, 09:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2016 x30
I've got the old style small screen. It's really annoying that the functionality of adjusting the tabs is not available. I don't care that I can't save profiles. I'd just like to be able to tweak the steep and mellow settings. I don't know if the new small screens allow for this. I'm not sure at this point if it's annoying enough to put a big screen in it (5-6k) or to just sell it and get something different. But, before doing a custom order, you should consider this. Unfortunately, I think MC is happy with this situation. It allows them to reel you in with an attractive initial price, but to get the functionality that everybody wants is an extra 7-8k.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:45 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
I don't come close to playing in this market but it seems to me if all you're looking at is something as simple as audio zone control then the answer is as simple as installing a Wet Sounds EQ

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/WS-420

or the Exile Audio dual zone controller

https://www.exileaudio.com/store/ins...-preamp-1.html

or if you're looking for cheap/simple you could do a Roswell dual zone volume controller

https://www.roswellmarine.com/produc...olume-control/

Point being is that $7K is a ton of money so you better being spending it to do something more than get dual zone which BTW is standard in marine head units starting at $300. So what we're basically being told is that this high end sound system doesn't even include the basic features of a entry/mid level audio system? Really?

Now if you're looking for the flash and high tech look or other features like profiles and such then I get it. I will say though that the more of these "tech features" they add the less reliable and complicated operating the boat seems to get. Multiple screens, sub menus and what seems to be an endless array of options hidden in a multi layer user interface makes it difficult for most guests (and most wives) who haven't had the benefit of studying the operation manual for days on end to operate, especially if they're trying to do so with the boat under way.

I've only operated the displays on a 2012 X2 and 2014 X2 but it seems we spend a great deal of time trying to figure out how to do something as simple as turn the tower speakers volume up/down than it should take. Trying to do something like overriding a tab setting or turning off auto launch is no simple task. Not only that but the touch controls are much more difficult to operate than a rotary dial in a vehicle that's bouncing around on the water. I've also noticed that the driver can quickly be distracted when staring down at the display when trying to do something as simple as turning the volume up.

I know this is the digital age but there is something to say about analog gauges and and simple user interfaces.