Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 12-15-2017, 04:44 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 07 xstar
Is anyone familiar with Great Escape Marine out of Prescott, WI? A friend just won this bid on Ebay but is nervous about sending a cashiers check for the total amount. I am not sure if anyone else has had experience with this company or have seen the boat. It seems like he got a great deal if it's legi

@Bturner2 - My thoughts exactly. We have been in contact, it's just scary sending a cashiers check without seeing it in person. All appears legit but I hoped a TT member was from the area or was familiar with the seller or boat.

relisted today

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Master...295594?vxp=mtr
Old 12-15-2017, 05:04 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Very nice. I'd still be temped to take a flight to see it first. I bought my current boat on Ebay in late February 2009 from a marina on Norris Lake TN. I felt comfortable with the dealer but still drove down to see it in person and sign over the check. I had probably 60 pictures of the boat but it still looked different in person and there were some mirror blemishes on both the trailer and the boat that didn't show up in the pictures. I was still very happy with the transaction but also still glad to see it in person before giving that check to them.

A flight on Delta this Saturday returning on Monday is $558. Add a car, some Micky D's, some beer and you're still under $800. If you can get them to somehow wait until after the holiday you can get a 1 day round trip for under $200 on Delta.

While I live in Brighton my boat lives on a Shorestation at my BIL's house on Pontiac Lake. Always thought about the chain and a long time ago used to ski on Portage. Still hang out at Zukey Lake Tavern from time to time but the food just isn't what it used to be and the drinks got expensive with the gentrification of the place. That place was a trip back in the 90s. I do recall (though hazy) some real crazy nights there.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:45 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourmaster View Post
Messaged the seller and awaiting feedback. I’m local and asked if he will show me the boat.
He did message me back through eBay and said someone came and looked st it today and was very interested, was that you? He updated the listing with a few more pictures and indeed it has an MCX, not an RTP.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:52 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X-2
For Sale, Free, Ebay, Craigslist, BoatTrader, Coupons, Specials, Services for TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbrdnbrg88 View Post
He did message me back through eBay and said someone came and looked st it today and was very interested, was that you? He updated the listing with a few more pictures and indeed it has an MCX, not an RTP.

That was me. This is not a scam. I saw the boat yesterday. I have to say the pictures tell one story but seeing it in person is a different one. It’s a little rough but has potential. The motor has 800 plus hours on it but looks surprisingly clean for a saltwater boat. The gel coat is very dull especially around the transom where the blue metal flake has been destroyed. In boat speakers are JL and the towers are Wetsounds. The vinyl has some nicks and tears but overall not terrible. The aluminum tower is somewhat faded and all the aluminum and chrome controls at the helm look weathered and pitted. I suspect the float switches in the ballast tanks might be faulty as well and I did not hear the ballast pumps run when activating the switches. Swim platform is quite weathered. My major concern was the fiberglass repair on the hull around the strut. The prop has just been reconditioned and the shaft looked new too. Hard to say what caused the damage. All the repair and maintenance was done by the marina where the boat is stored. I don’t think the boat has seen a MasterCraft dealer in many years. It is sold without a trailer. He is motivated and will probably sell for around $24k maybe even less. A good project if that’s your thing... I am passing on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by imyourmaster; 12-16-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:30 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 07 X2
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173033624347
Old 12-16-2017, 11:15 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1987 ProStar 190, 351 Indmar Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
Is anyone familiar with Great Escape Marine out of Prescott, WI? A friend just won this bid on Ebay but is nervous about sending a cashiers check for the total amount. I am not sure if anyone else has had experience with this company or have seen the boat. It seems like he got a great deal if it's legi

@Bturner2 - My thoughts exactly. We have been in contact, it's just scary sending a cashiers check without seeing it in person. All appears legit but I hoped a TT member was from the area or was familiar with the seller or boat.

relisted today

Yeah, my friend couldn't free his schedule to get out there and ended up backing out I think his wife was too nervous to go through with the transaction remotely. I think he made a mistake, but I get it. Bummed out though.

@bturner - too funny. We spent many boating days on the chain that ended up at Zukey's.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:46 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X2, MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post

relisted today

PM Sent
Old 12-16-2017, 04:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '08 X14
Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutside2play View Post
Yeah, my friend couldn't free his schedule to get out there and ended up backing out I think his wife was too nervous to go through with the transaction remotely. I think he made a mistake, but I get it. Bummed out though.

@bturner - too funny. We spent many boating days on the chain that ended up at Zukey's.
This doesn’t seem like a great deal, am I missing something?

Buying from a dealer remote seems a bit less risky than a remote individual. Also there are for sure members close by that could help out.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
Clean Low hour '93 S&S

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa...431294033.html
Old 12-20-2017, 07:51 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
anybody up for a project tristar?

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/boa/d/8...423980431.html

Tags
board rack, for sale, free, hyperlight, mastercraft xstar 2008, oakley wrap, perfect pass, timer, tower speakers, trailer, x star 2008