Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 10-02-2018, 12:09 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 Mastercraft X-10
Graphic design Help!

Hey guys! I picked up this 2002 x-10 this past summer and am looking forward to getting her back to like new condition. The interior and mechanical is all perfect but the exterior needs a good polishing to get back the original shine. The decals have also seen better days when you look at them up close. I am planning on removing all the decals and was thinking about doing something a little more updated on the sides. I'm not a very creative person coming up with designs or decal layouts and was going to see if anyone had any ideas? Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2018, 12:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X-Star
I would be the in the same situation, I am just not that creative. I have a friend who does graphic design and I wonder where the hell he comes up with the stuff that he does.

So, since there are so many directions you can take this, what direction do you think you want to go? updated "stock" MC, vibrant and colorful, skull and crossbones, luis viton wrap?

I think you need to point us in the right direction.

I think the stock MC logo from the 2014 era would be sweet. Super simple and I think it would look classy - but I don't know if that is all you are going for.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X-Star
something like that
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2018, 01:13 PM
TT Newbie

I was thinking clean and classy..i'm partial to the viper red...not looking to do a full wrap but also don't want the redo to look cheap and underwhelming. Thought about adding a 2-3 foot mastercraft shield at an angle in front of an updated mastercraft logo but I don't know if if will look good or dumb.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:12 PM
TT Newbie

open to other ideas as well...
Old 10-04-2018, 12:21 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
Your X010 has great lines, once you get rid of that awful X10 decal it will look a ton better. The Mastercraft logo on the rear is barely visible against the white gel, wouldn't hurt to get rid of it. A domed chrome Mastercraft logo agains the black would look sharp!

Black and white and chrome = Sharp!