Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 10-01-2018, 10:41 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-Series MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Maybe just how the dust sits on it but in last picture it looks like your tire may be delaminating....

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
Oh yes. The Mara-pops are junk. New tires sitting in the garage ready for mounting.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:28 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
I need to do this same repair. I've been avoiding it though because i don't want to rip off all my fenders step pads to get to the hardware. I cringe if the boat comes on the trailer at any angle, as I know I am on borrowed time.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:10 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-Series MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
I need to do this same repair. I've been avoiding it though because i don't want to rip off all my fenders step pads to get to the hardware. I cringe if the boat comes on the trailer at any angle, as I know I am on borrowed time.
Just swing on by my place and we will get you taken care of, no problem.

You might want to start driving now if you want to be there by Saturday.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:56 AM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
A little extra work but could probably TIG weld a rod to the end of the bolt and then hold that with vise grips to unscrew the nut. Once all the repair and paint is done use a rotary tool to cut the rod off. It's a little extra work but would save your fender pads.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!