Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 05-20-2018, 05:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft Maristar 200VRS
Randomly Filling ... Advice

After surfing all day and then sitting out in a cove, on the way back in to the marina my ballast randomly started filling. Once I shut them off and manually drained, they came back on again ... and again... and again. It was almost as if I had a rider profile engaged and it was trying to get the ballast levels full to the profile. Then It would drain to 1 percent, then fill to 5% and keep doing that. I was nervous the pumps would get over worked on my way in and die. Anyone experienced the pumps randomly coming on (all of them at once) and randomly drain right after. Was just a strange 10min of tinkering around trying to find the cause ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LKNtristar; 05-20-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2010, Indmar MCX 350
I have this same type of random filling question? I was out yesterday and my center ballast tank would keep refilling it's self, but would not drain right after. It even seemed to do this with the key in the aux position. I tried to reset all rider profiles to see if that helped without any luck. I'm still learning how to use the perfect pass setting though.