Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-14-2018, 04:39 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC X30 2008
Anyone know why there is this cutout on the Aqua Marine Decking on an X30? (pic)

I'm going with Aqua Marine for sure at this point. But on the second piece from the front of the boat, the piece in front of the folding door, there is a cutout at the end of the piece, like a circle. But it's not for a latch, it's obviously not to install a table, and doesn't really seem to need to be there. Anyone have any idea?
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2018, 05:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft Maristar 200VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
I'm going with Aqua Marine for sure at this point. But on the second piece from the front of the boat, the piece in front of the folding door, there is a cutout at the end of the piece, like a circle. But it's not for a latch, it's obviously not to install a table, and doesn't really seem to need to be there. Anyone have any idea?

If you take close look, the flooring is molded that way as well. There’s an indention in the fiberglass there. It’s covered by the carpet but if AquaMarine were to send it without the cut-out, it’d look strange having a molded crease. When I did my old x15 I noticed the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2018, 05:49 PM
MC Devotee

I was just thinking the same thing. And if you don't do the cutout, I'm betting the decking would just lay over it and wouldn't even adhere with the glue since it's depressed. and if it did adhere, it would look odd.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 X30
The depression is indeed there for a latch - the Maristar series had a ski locker in the floor in place of a KGB tank. The latch to open the ski locker would go in the depression.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:45 PM
MC Devotee

makes complete sense. I figure it had to be something. or an option that wasn't ordered, thanks!
Old 04-18-2018, 09:53 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X30 2006 MXC
That fiberglass depression is there for a floor post to set in attached to a extra rear facing seat.