Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 09-29-2017, 12:24 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X25 6.0L, Gen 2
I'm in need of some info, hopefully today, about the differences between the S80 and S85 Cans. I'm ordering an X23 and need some information on the differences please.

Can you send me the specs on these speakers? PM is cool if you don't want to post them for all.

Thanks
Old 09-29-2017, 12:41 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Glad you guys are here. Welcome and thanks for taking the time to post here!

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 09-29-2017, 12:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Glad you guys are here. Welcome and thanks for taking the time to post here!
Dont thank them yet...they haven't responded in the thread. At least they do not have 4000 post anymore
Old 09-29-2017, 02:24 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Klipsch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Will Klipsch audio amps be compatible with other audio brands tower speakers (i.e. Wetsounds, exile). If so, will there be software updates that allow the owner the ability to tune the Amps?

What are the power ratings on the individual speakers, tower speakers, and subwoofers?

Will the addition of aftermarket audio void any factory warranty?
The Klipsch system is designed to be used as a complete Klipsch package and tuned as such. No software profiles will be created for third-party components. We cannot comment on how use of a non-Klipsch tower speaker would perform as it was not designed or tested in that manner.

I added power specs to the thread. See updated post above.

All factory installed Klipsch equipment in your boat are covered under your MasterCraft warranty. Please contact your dealer in regards to any MasterCraft warranty questions.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:56 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
Dont thank them yet...they haven't responded in the thread. At least they do not have 4000 post anymore
lol, it should read 2.

We all knew the response would be canned. We should probably just ask questions about non Klipsch equipment in other threads. No rep that works for a company is going to honestly answer that another companies product is indeed better.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 09-29-2017, 05:01 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
I'm in need of some info, hopefully today, about the differences between the S80 and S85 Cans. I'm ordering an X23 and need some information on the differences please.

Can you send me the specs on these speakers? PM is cool if you don't want to post them for all.

Thanks
The difference between the S80 and S85 is in the can itself, not the speaker or amplifier. The S85 is the new premium style can while the S80 is the standard style, similar to last year's.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:06 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
Not sure what's going on with the post count. I'm not a site admin, so I don't see what's behind the curtain. We're new here to the forums, just trying to help answer questions about the new system.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:10 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime View Post
We have the Klipsch system in our boat, '18 XT22 I have heard it may need a software update, being it was built in June '17. We have the premium audio as well as the 7" twin pods with horn. How would this update affect the system? How can I tell if I have the up to date software?
I replied in the other thread, but I'll put it here as well.

It's not so much an update in the sense of adding features/functions. Rather, it is re-loading the correct software profile into the DSP that matches the audio package that was installed in the boat. There may have been a potential for the DSP to have had the wrong active profile, which would affect the performance of the system. Each boat model and audio package were custom tuned for optimum performance so the DSP needs to have the correct profile loaded.

Your dealer will be able to re-load the correct profile to ensure that it matches your boat model/audio system.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:05 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X25 6.0L, Gen 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipsch View Post
The difference between the S80 and S85 is in the can itself, not the speaker or amplifier. The S85 is the new premium style can while the S80 is the standard style, similar to last year's.
Its a 4K can? Yikes.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-Star 2015
Can you comment on the exact system in the xstar? I have one on order but no details on speakers sub amps etc. can you post a picture of the 80 vs 85?

Tags
bongiovi, dsp, klipsch, stereo