Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-16-2017, 10:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 Maristar 200VRS
Seattle Washington

Hey everyone!

It's been a while since posting anything. It's been a while since I've owned a MC but one may be in the future: Thinking about Seattle WA area for employment, I had the opportunity to go out on lake Washington last weekend and it was a beautiful day.

Any recommendations? Where to live, where to wakeboard etc etc.

It's pretty pricey up there, seems like California, just wet!

Thanks in Advance!

Tow Veh: 2010 Toyota Tundra
Bike: 2009 HD Street Glide

Beer:Ballast Point IPA's

Chief Petty Officer: "Results not excuses"

"You Can't Beat a Tree"
Old 07-16-2017, 11:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft NXT20
Sammamish is where Seattle mastercraft does demos

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2017, 11:13 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 Ski Nautique 206
Definitely a wet CA when it comes to Seattle real estate. But Seattle is a really cool place and few places are prettier when the sun is out. I'm from/live in San Diego but lived up there for a couple years. I loved the summers so much that I kept my lake cabin.

Maybe a little more about your age, kid status/concerns, things you like to do (besides wakeboard)? Do you have a specific work location you need to be able to get to (Seattle traffic is a lot like some areas of CA too)? How close do you want to be to a lake?

I had a lot of fun researching lakes when I lived up there.

North of Seattle
Lake Stevens
Lake Goodwin
Lake Cavanaugh
Lake Samish
Lake Whatcom

Lake Sammammish is probably the holy grail up there but you need to be deep into 7 figures to get on the water.
Lake Washington is big and can be windy but there are some places to look for smooth water
Lake Sawyer

To the south/east:
Lake Tapps
American Lake
Clear Lake
Chelan

Near Oly:
Long Lake
Black Lake
Summit Lake

Mason County:
Isabella
Nahwatzel
Mason Lake (where I have a place)
Spencer Lake

There's also the Columbia River

Lots of options.

-TL
Old 07-17-2017, 12:45 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 X23
I've lived in Seattle my entire life. Currently my wife and very little one live on lake Union near downtown. I know a lot about the real estate market up here as we are looking at properties on lake Washington. Let me know a little more and I can point you in the direction. Lake sammamish and Washington are the two lakes used for around Seattle. Washington has an ability to drive up to a lot of cities and restaurants and sammamish is only recreation. Washington is a lot more expensive to live on than sammamish.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:55 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft 205, 1999, LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Hey everyone!

It's been a while since posting anything. It's been a while since I've owned a MC but one may be in the future: Thinking about Seattle WA area for employment, I had the opportunity to go out on lake Washington last weekend and it was a beautiful day.

Any recommendations? Where to live, where to wakeboard etc etc.

It's pretty pricey up there, seems like California, just wet!

Thanks in Advance!
Hope you don't mind lots of traffic. I-5, I-405, Hwy 167 are all atrocious! If you have the option to live somewhere off of the I-5 corridor it is a lot more peaceful and LOTS less expensive. I could give you a few recommendations if your employment is flexible and could even point you in the direction of a beautiful lake house for sale where it is seldom crowded!
Check it out:http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...hlight=Nirvana
Old 07-17-2017, 08:25 AM
MC Devotee

Thanks everyone for the responses! Russ I'd love to have that house but I think the 80+ mile drive would probably kill me!

My prospective employment is at the Boeing Facility in Kent. I've only had a short visit to the area and I didn't get to experience the traffic but it's one thing I do not want to deal with when going to work. I live 11 miles from work now in Oceanside and it can take me 45 minutes to get to work some days, not a way to start the day in my opinion.

So the closer to work the better, I can handle driving to the lake but a good in between place would be good as well!

I have been looking at homes in the Kent area, there seems to be pockets of good and bad there. I saw some areas around Lake Meridian that didn't seem too bad. Lake Sammamish looks to be a nice lake as well.

I'm an early bird so getting all my runs in early and hanging out on the water the rest of the day is fine with me. Lake Washington was like a washing machine at 2 pm with all the boats running around.

I'll be making a decision soon on the move. I'm scouring the real estate webpages trying to find something that is nice but doesn't break the bank 350-450k range.

"You Can't Beat a Tree"
Old 07-17-2017, 09:06 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 X2
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the responses! Russ I'd love to have that house but I think the 80+ mile drive would probably kill me!

My prospective employment is at the Boeing Facility in Kent. I've only had a short visit to the area and I didn't get to experience the traffic but it's one thing I do not want to deal with when going to work. I live 11 miles from work now in Oceanside and it can take me 45 minutes to get to work some days, not a way to start the day in my opinion.

So the closer to work the better, I can handle driving to the lake but a good in between place would be good as well!

I have been looking at homes in the Kent area, there seems to be pockets of good and bad there. I saw some areas around Lake Meridian that didn't seem too bad. Lake Sammamish looks to be a nice lake as well.

I'm an early bird so getting all my runs in early and hanging out on the water the rest of the day is fine with me. Lake Washington was like a washing machine at 2 pm with all the boats running around.

I'll be making a decision soon on the move. I'm scouring the real estate webpages trying to find something that is nice but doesn't break the bank 350-450k range.
I would suggest that you look into the Bonney Lake / Lake Tapps area. The real estate market favors the seller right now, but you might be able to pull something off with your budget.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2017, 11:35 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
We live about 10min from lake meridian and it's our go to for quick trips. Nice little lake.
You already know the rest. 5th worst traffic in the country and probably the biggest building/price boom anywhere.
Fortunately I don't think it's quite topped out. Cali and Vancouver prices will allow it to climb more.
If working in Kent and want to not deal with traffic, look E of Kent. Auburn, Covington Maple valley etc. can get to anywhere in Kent on surface streets from those towns.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 07-17-2017, 03:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft 205, 1999, LTR
Quote:

Sorry to hear that you are "stuck" on the I-5 corridor due to employment. Was hoping that you had a stay at home job! You could always buy it for recreational property. That is what it is for us. Great Lake and quiet place to spend your weekends at!
Old 11-12-2017, 08:44 PM
MC Devotee

Officially in Seattle!

Looking for shelter right now, I've found a house in Kent I hope to rent but there were many people at the showing today.

I have a temp apartment for a month so I'm not officially outdoors!

I've located the Mastercraft dealer and hope I can visit it soon.

Excited to be up here! I see the weather will take some adjustment period but I'm a seasonal guy.

Look forward to meeting up with some of the teamtalk members up here.

"You Can't Beat a Tree"