Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-24-2018, 08:36 AM
tjrowbot's Avatar
tjrowbot tjrowbot is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: 2000 X5
Location: The Mitten
Posts: 153
The gel is faded / oxidized but not shot. A good rotary buffer and pads will make that come back to life. An easy fix for the exterior. $350 in a good buffer and pads. Boat is still worth around $30k, can't get too specific without a test ride and a good look.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-24-2018, 09:48 AM
dmbeck's Avatar
dmbeck dmbeck is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2014
Boat: 1998 Prostar 205 (Sold), 2006 x15 w/ mcx
Location: NKY
Posts: 498
Ok someone else correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe those are 08? graphics on sides, which would mean that someone installed those on their own. What I'm getting at is in the pictures the starboard side decal appears to be running uphill, or maybe I'm wrong and it's just the angle the picture was taken at or something.

Either way with the gel work that needs to be done, faded trailer fenders, overall general shape, and being that it's fall, I'd say 30k. In perfect condition the boat is worth high 30's and that's in spring time. Also all orange isn't the most desirable color for resale, not saying it won't make a beautiful boat if you like it. But in general orange, yellow, and other off colors don't have the resale of blacks, whites, reds, and other more preferred colors.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-24-2018, 11:52 AM
Malek779 Malek779 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Boat: 1996 ProStar 205
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbeck View Post
Ok someone else correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe those are 08? graphics on sides, which would mean that someone installed those on their own. What I'm getting at is in the pictures the starboard side decal appears to be running uphill, or maybe I'm wrong and it's just the angle the picture was taken at or something.



Either way with the gel work that needs to be done, faded trailer fenders, overall general shape, and being that it's fall, I'd say 30k. In perfect condition the boat is worth high 30's and that's in spring time. Also all orange isn't the most desirable color for resale, not saying it won't make a beautiful boat if you like it. But in general orange, yellow, and other off colors don't have the resale of blacks, whites, reds, and other more preferred colors.


Yes those decals have been replaced youíre right, Iíll be driving 8 hours this weekend to take it for a spin on lake Iíll post about the test drive after


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-24-2018, 12:32 PM
Wheelin98TJ Wheelin98TJ is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Boat: 2005 XStar
Location: Devils Lake
Posts: 325
Good luck!

I drove 10-11 hours to buy my orange '05 Xstar.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-24-2018, 12:36 PM
MC25's Avatar
MC25 MC25 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 14,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
Good luck!

I drove 10-11 hours to buy my orange '05 Xstar.
And you had to buy it from Corbin.... rough. Hahah
__________________
-Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-24-2018, 01:39 PM
Wheelin98TJ Wheelin98TJ is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Boat: 2005 XStar
Location: Devils Lake
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
And you had to buy it from Corbin.... rough. Hahah
Hahahaha!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 PM.


2018