Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2018, 01:39 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
My god.... lol. Acceptance is the first step.
What should I accept?
Old 10-16-2018, 01:43 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
What should I accept?
tHe X22 wOnT bE bEtTeR

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 10-16-2018, 02:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 X23 6000GDI - Previous 2014 Gen2 X25 6.0L
It should be a lot better. Not just a little. Otherwise killing the best selling boat in the lineup is nothing more than a way to charge more for the same thing.

I look forward to seeing one, riding the wave, and then making a formal opinion of it.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
It should be a lot better. Not just a little. Otherwise killing the best selling boat in the lineup is nothing more than a way to charge more for the same thing.

I look forward to seeing one, riding the wave, and then making a formal opinion of it.
Better is in the eye of the beholder. It seems like it will have a better wakeboard wake, which makes it more marketable even if the surf wave is not quite as good, if you ask me.

Side note, is the X23 still the best selling model, i.e., was it the best selling model in 2018? It seems like most dealer stocks in 2018 had way more XTs than Xs (which is obviously only anecdotal). The fact that the XT is up five models, suggests that the crossover boat is a sweet spot for MC, which makes sense to me because they are more versatile and of course cheaper. That said, having five options might prevent any one from being the top seller.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '18 x23, '15 x10
i'm willing to bet the x22 is more consistent with the switchback ballast tank. the wave won't be as finicky and transfers will be easier. i know a wakeboarder that has a dozen inverts, he works for the local dealer, and he's ridden the x22. he says the wakeboard wake is incredible, it's very close to the star. surf wave is great too, but not much better than a customized x23. the interior size feels the same as the x23, but it feels a bit larger, and handles better. these are his words after spending 2 days around the boat.

IMO the cost is absolutely ridiculous. the base MSRP is nearly 15k higher than the x23 and all you get for that is the 7 inch screen. i built one identical to my x23 (but with fast fill) and it was like 25k more . I've hit the point where i've been priced out of the market. I can make the financials work, but i can't logically do it. it's not worth it. I'll stick with the x23, xt22, or xt24 and 1,000 lbs of lead.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:52 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC500mod View Post
i'm willing to bet the x22 is more consistent with the switchback ballast tank. the wave won't be as finicky and transfers will be easier. i know a wakeboarder that has a dozen inverts, he works for the local dealer, and he's ridden the x22. he says the wakeboard wake is incredible, it's very close to the star. surf wave is great too, but not much better than a customized x23. the interior size feels the same as the x23, but it feels a bit larger, and handles better. these are his words after spending 2 days around the boat.

IMO the cost is absolutely ridiculous. the base MSRP is nearly 15k higher than the x23 and all you get for that is the 7 inch screen. i built one identical to my x23 (but with fast fill) and it was like 25k more . I've hit the point where i've been priced out of the market. I can make the financials work, but i can't logically do it. it's not worth it. I'll stick with the x23, xt22, or xt24 and 1,000 lbs of lead.
I agree complete with your statement on how expensive these new boats have gotten. I went with a leftover XT22 over the X22/x24. Unless your a diehard its just hard to justify. I just wanted a great all round boat that I could surf behind.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth17 View Post
I agree complete with your statement on how expensive these new boats have gotten. I went with a leftover XT22 over the X22/x24. Unless your a diehard its just hard to justify. I just wanted a great all round boat that I could surf behind.
Man I get it. The only thing that will change the pricing as if people stop buying these boats.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk