Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-16-2018, 01:39 PM
Mastercraftdave's Avatar
Mastercraftdave Mastercraftdave is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
My god.... lol. Acceptance is the first step.
What should I accept?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-16-2018, 01:43 PM
MC25's Avatar
MC25 MC25 is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 14,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
What should I accept?
tHe X22 wOnT bE bEtTeR
__________________
-Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-16-2018, 02:49 PM
uplandbird uplandbird is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Boat: 2018 X23 6000GDI - Previous 2014 Gen2 X25 6.0L
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,011
It should be a lot better. Not just a little. Otherwise killing the best selling boat in the lineup is nothing more than a way to charge more for the same thing.

I look forward to seeing one, riding the wave, and then making a formal opinion of it.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-16-2018, 03:45 PM
TheLivinIsEasy's Avatar
TheLivinIsEasy TheLivinIsEasy is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Boat: N/A
Location: Mid Atlantic
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
It should be a lot better. Not just a little. Otherwise killing the best selling boat in the lineup is nothing more than a way to charge more for the same thing.

I look forward to seeing one, riding the wave, and then making a formal opinion of it.
Better is in the eye of the beholder. It seems like it will have a better wakeboard wake, which makes it more marketable even if the surf wave is not quite as good, if you ask me.

Side note, is the X23 still the best selling model, i.e., was it the best selling model in 2018? It seems like most dealer stocks in 2018 had way more XTs than Xs (which is obviously only anecdotal). The fact that the XT is up five models, suggests that the crossover boat is a sweet spot for MC, which makes sense to me because they are more versatile and of course cheaper. That said, having five options might prevent any one from being the top seller.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-16-2018, 05:59 PM
XC500mod XC500mod is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Boat: '18 x23, '15 x10
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 690
i'm willing to bet the x22 is more consistent with the switchback ballast tank. the wave won't be as finicky and transfers will be easier. i know a wakeboarder that has a dozen inverts, he works for the local dealer, and he's ridden the x22. he says the wakeboard wake is incredible, it's very close to the star. surf wave is great too, but not much better than a customized x23. the interior size feels the same as the x23, but it feels a bit larger, and handles better. these are his words after spending 2 days around the boat.

IMO the cost is absolutely ridiculous. the base MSRP is nearly 15k higher than the x23 and all you get for that is the 7 inch screen. i built one identical to my x23 (but with fast fill) and it was like 25k more . I've hit the point where i've been priced out of the market. I can make the financials work, but i can't logically do it. it's not worth it. I'll stick with the x23, xt22, or xt24 and 1,000 lbs of lead.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-16-2018, 08:52 PM
UpNorth17 UpNorth17 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Boat: XT22
Location: Midwest
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC500mod View Post
i'm willing to bet the x22 is more consistent with the switchback ballast tank. the wave won't be as finicky and transfers will be easier. i know a wakeboarder that has a dozen inverts, he works for the local dealer, and he's ridden the x22. he says the wakeboard wake is incredible, it's very close to the star. surf wave is great too, but not much better than a customized x23. the interior size feels the same as the x23, but it feels a bit larger, and handles better. these are his words after spending 2 days around the boat.

IMO the cost is absolutely ridiculous. the base MSRP is nearly 15k higher than the x23 and all you get for that is the 7 inch screen. i built one identical to my x23 (but with fast fill) and it was like 25k more . I've hit the point where i've been priced out of the market. I can make the financials work, but i can't logically do it. it's not worth it. I'll stick with the x23, xt22, or xt24 and 1,000 lbs of lead.
I agree complete with your statement on how expensive these new boats have gotten. I went with a leftover XT22 over the X22/x24. Unless your a diehard its just hard to justify. I just wanted a great all round boat that I could surf behind.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-16-2018, 10:09 PM
Dan2060's Avatar
Dan2060 Dan2060 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: 2018 Star
Location: SW
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth17 View Post
I agree complete with your statement on how expensive these new boats have gotten. I went with a leftover XT22 over the X22/x24. Unless your a diehard its just hard to justify. I just wanted a great all round boat that I could surf behind.
Man I get it. The only thing that will change the pricing as if people stop buying these boats.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 PM.


2018