Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-30-2015, 10:29 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC, PS 190, 2001, Indmar 5.7,
I did try that, still does't start. JimN i have been reading many of your post on this subject. I have troubleshooted based on recommendation you have been givin other people. I am myself a mecanic, but since I purchased my MC 2001 I have been looking for a service manual for days like this. I have looking for the troubleshooting step on the ignition system.and specs. I have a 330 LTR indmar 5.7l. Fuel injected mutiport with coil pack and two cps. It look like the IC moduel, but would like to confirm every thing else is good before spending the money.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 1999 Maristar 230 sport
This should help finding the problem. Its not the instruction manual but it has plenty of info.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf MEFI3CEFI3 Distributorless Ignition(1).pdf (670.1 KB, 97 views)
Old 07-31-2015, 12:08 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pik69 View Post
I did try that, still does't start. JimN i have been reading many of your post on this subject. I have troubleshooted based on recommendation you have been givin other people. I am myself a mecanic, but since I purchased my MC 2001 I have been looking for a service manual for days like this. I have looking for the troubleshooting step on the ignition system.and specs. I have a 330 LTR indmar 5.7l. Fuel injected mutiport with coil pack and two cps. It look like the IC moduel, but would like to confirm every thing else is good before spending the money.
Do you hear the fuel pump running when you crank? If so, it means the crank position sensors are working. Do you have spark? If so, open the throttle when you try to start- if it fires, it may be the ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor reading too high, indicating extremely low temperature.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:27 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 Tournament Team PS-197 LQ9 #88
Possible Fuel Problem?

I took my 01 TT PS197 to one of the most reputable dealers about 3 hours north west of Charleston (after my boat wouldn't start) and left my boat there for over 3 weeks. They couldn't figure it out, and I sensed that they were going to begin replacing good parts. I picked my boat up, fabricated a timing pointer to test the ignition timing (which was good), tested compression just for verification, then moved on to fuel testing. I had good fuel pressure, so I took a sample. Turns out that my fuel was contaminated with water. I cycled the fuel pump removing @ 4 gallons of fuel of which was at least 1 to 2 gallons of water.

There was a rain overnight before the NoStart condition, and I believe the water entered through the fuel filler cap. I placed an O-ring on the cap, and I haven't experienced this problem again. I have had to add some Heat to the fuel (at the beginning of the season) which I suspect was caused by the ethanol in the fuel attracting water vapor into the fuel.

If you have an ignition problem, the crankshaft position sensor comes to mind as a possibility.

In my case, the dealer tested my fuel pump before I left my boat. His fuel pressure tester had a valve and hose for taking a fuel sample, but he didn't take one. That would have saved me a lot of trouble, but I wouldn't have gained the confidence from repairing my boat when they couldn't. I also bought the Diacom hardware and software for code reading. Luckily, I was there when he plugged in a cam sensor that had never been connected while he was testing my fuel pressure. Once I got the water out and was able to start my boat, it was throwing a code because he connected that sensor (it's not used on my LQ9). And he replaced my new plugs with new plugs (when I left my boat there) because he said they were the wrong ones (I let him know that I had purchased them from him last summer).

If you have to go online with the ECM, Diacom makes the system.

http://www.rinda.com/acro/prodlist.pdf

Last edited by FlyingFreeman; 07-31-2015 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Added web link
Old 07-31-2015, 10:48 AM
TT Newbie

Ok Just finish troobleshooting with MTAJPA troubleshooting sheet. Looks like both CPS are failing one is testing at 3200 ohms, and the other a 620 ohms. If I go with the spec from the document i am off on both.

I will let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:11 AM
TT Newbie

Question anyone know of CPS part number other than the indmar part number for 2001 indmar 330 LTR? Can we get those at an auto part dealer?
Old 07-31-2015, 11:52 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 X-1 (my sixth MC)
I got the Indmar service manual (still wrapped in plastic) from the PO when I bought my 2002 X-Star. If someone really needs it, I'm sure I can find it somewhere around the house. Just pay shipping or something.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:37 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 99 prostar 205 LTR
Here you go pik,
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58122

Last edited by whiskeyriver; 08-01-2015 at 11:58 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:54 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
bunch of manuals here...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o91j4vsfr...%20Manual?dl=0

and

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o91j4vsfr...%20Repair?dl=0