Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-15-2010, 12:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 40th Anniversary X-Star Saltwater Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand2snow22 View Post
I like everything I see! I understand the tower on that X2 is the base tower! Hopefully you can get rotating board racks on that one! Erk, Jim? Power fold tower looks better than the early one I saw. Hopefully it will grow a bit more on me like the BU towers did.....

Can I buy that 15 now?

Bravo MC!
Rotating board racks are not available on the base tower (the one that looks like the tower braces). You have to go with either the power tower or the 2007-2010 style tower if you want rotating board racks.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:00 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Ri257
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterMC View Post
Rotating board racks are not available on the base tower (the one that looks like the tower braces). You have to go with either the power tower or the 2007-2010 style tower if you want rotating board racks.
That stinks. You would think it would be cheaper to make them changeable? But I know they want you to step up to the other two options to make money. I hear the power tower isn't available until Oct.? Don't see a bimini or tower speakers.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:12 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 PS 197
I think the designers have really struck out with these designs, color schemes, and towers. Anyone else think they look like basketball shoes, the red, white, and black remind me of the first pair of Jordans.

Guess I am no longer in their target marketing group; this makes me feel really uncool.

Last edited by teamhowey; 07-15-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:12 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X Star, 2005 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by YTW View Post
I'm not lazy, I just don't like playing with Lego building products everytime I want to go to the lake.

The concept is good, but the design could be better. Imagine a hydrolic strut coming up through the boat and attached to the underside of the base plate on the front. Press a button and the strut pulls on the front of the base plate, stands the tower up, and disappers into the side wall of the boat under the baseplate where it would not be seen.
I agree. That was my suggest as well. Why not just have the back support leg of the current tower go back to a cylinder. Make it hydraulic and it could go up and down at the flip of the switch with minimal added weight and cost. Plus, you would resolve the lateral sway that developed when they went to a flat support. The only issue was the rotating board racks, but that could easily be addressed.

I think the value of my 08 X-star just increased.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:45 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X-1, 310RTP
Actually this all a ruse by MC designed to accelerate sales of leftover 2009 and 2010 boats in dealer inventory. Once those are sold, I'm sure they'll come out with some normal looking boats for the 2011 lineup and say these abominations were just prototypes...
Old 07-15-2010, 10:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Actually this all a ruse by MC designed to accelerate sales of leftover 2009 and 2010 boats in dealer inventory. Once those are sold, I'm sure they'll come out with some normal looking boats for the 2011 lineup and say these abominations were just prototypes...

I like where your head's at! Not a bad idea, and it actually could have that effect. Unfortunately, I think that we're stuck with these designs though.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:24 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Hilarious! Not a fan of the X schemes this yr, but that Maristar looked nice.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 07-15-2010, 10:26 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
Can someone post some pics for those of us who don't have FB account?

Wow, two different threads, and a moderator can't read them or figure it out, especially on post #1 of the thread!
Kinda makes ya wonder where the deleted threads like the Neverending Threadjack thread went and who really deleted them and who got blamed for them.

Cheers,

Shouldn't be long before this post is deleted!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:40 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Whuzup #1?
Old 07-15-2010, 11:15 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X2
The tower does have a bimini supposed to be very similar to the current one not a hard top. Also the bimini, speakers, and board racks all stay level when the tower lowers the adjust as the tower folds so you can still spin the rack when the tower is down. Also still able to open storage compartments and even drive the boat when the tower is down. Speakers are supposed to mount just lake they do now. I think these towers are prototypes and do not have the speaker mounts on them yet