Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-05-2016, 10:39 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
Will Asher Ski Clinic - Denver 6/26/16

Per newsletter from Soda Lakes Ski School:

Will Asher will be conducting a private clinic on Sunday, June 26th at Frei Pitt (located at I-76 and 88th) in Denver. Will is currently ranked # 4 in the World and just won the Moomba Masters Tournament in Australia.

Will would like to limit the class to 8 individuals maximum so that each participant can get at least 2 long sets as well as time spend with Will tuning skis and evaluating equipment.

The clinic will start at 8:30 and will include lunch. Cost is 250.00 with 1/2 due upon registration. Checks can be sent to the following address: Ellen Bennett, 6384 S. Harrison Ct, Centennial, CO 80121. Email Ellen @ [email protected] with confirmation of your registration. We have an additional day scheduled on Monday, June 27th if we have enough participants.

We will be using a 2016 Malibu and will have HO skis available for demo. If you are interested in a demo, please email in advance
Old 05-05-2016, 01:43 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Sounds really cool and a lot of fun! I just may not be good enough to do it though.....

1994 205, LT1
Old 05-05-2016, 03:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 94 Prostar 190
I could be in for that! I just need to make sure I don't have anything going on that day, how do we reserve a spot just send in a check?
Old 05-05-2016, 04:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
^Ski-me, I'm in the same boat, have never run the course, and generally feel other more worthy skiers should take these limited slots. That said, everything you read or hear about Asher is that he is a true ambassador of the sport and is following in AM's footsteps. If nothing else, I'm interested in sitting ashore and watching a skier that can hook a buoy at -43.

Fowl, looks like you can just email the event coordinator to secure a slot. Do it.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
I have done clinics with several pros and no matter what your skill level is you will walk away with something valuable
Old 05-06-2016, 01:02 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
^Ski-me, I'm in the same boat, have never run the course, and generally feel other more worthy skiers should take these limited slots. That said, everything you read or hear about Asher is that he is a true ambassador of the sport and is following in AM's footsteps. If nothing else, I'm interested in sitting ashore and watching a skier that can hook a buoy at -43.

Fowl, looks like you can just email the event coordinator to secure a slot. Do it.
Yea, I've only run it a handful of times...just don't get the opportunity very much on the lakes I ski. It sure is fun, but also a little intimidating when much better skiers are around. Use to watch/ski with a guy in Greenland that was a good 55-60 years old and was so fun to watch! Down to, well, a lot of sections off. Remember him saying mellow, yellow, mean, green....etc.

Someone skiing that good at that age was and is, quite motivating!

If I have some time, I might come up to watch too. My new HO ski (and boat) are in Idaho already.

Well, just checked my calendar and I will be at my middle daughter's Freshman Orientation that weekend at Texas Tech!

First daughter at Texas A&M, and now Texas Tech. What's with this Texas thing?!?

1994 205, LT1

Tags
asher roth, ski