Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-08-2018, 09:01 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Prostar 190, 1993, Anniversary Limited.
Nephew has one, it flies nice, our 10 hr drive turns into 2.15 flight...reasonable price. Found a nice low hour Piper Saratoga with club seating...but more $$ than really want to spend I think. This would be sort of a family purchase if we decide to go further.
1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17
Old 10-08-2018, 10:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X25
Many years ago my employer’s first airplane was a Lance. I recall flying it out of 3000’ loaded with people and stuff. Plenty of payload left for a couple hours of fuel. I used to think if it fit in the door it would fly.

Chris
Old 10-09-2018, 11:08 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bret View Post
Nephew has one, it flies nice, our 10 hr drive turns into 2.15 flight...reasonable price. Found a nice low hour Piper Saratoga with club seating...but more $$ than really want to spend I think. This would be sort of a family purchase if we decide to go further.
Spend the extra $$$ and get the Saratoga. The president of my company owns one and it is an absolutely phenomenal airplane for the money. The club seating is awesome, it fits 4 guys 4 golf bags no problem, one of the nicest looking small planes out there, and plenty of power with the NA 300 horse. Maintenance costs are reasonable. He's had it for 16 years and has nothing but great things to say about it. I'm hoping to buy it from him in the next 8 years when he upgrades to a Meridian.