Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-03-2018, 03:52 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Some cars have buttons you can push to make the windows go up and down. Talk about lazy! And don't get me started about "key fobs."

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 10-04-2018, 09:37 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
LOL...this is good....
While watching TV the other night an add came on for the Samsung refrigerator that has the touchscreen for internet access and to check what is inside your fridge. I get it but really......are we too lazy to open the fridge and see that we are out of milk....maybe the cost savings of not having to open the fridge is enough to offset but I am pretty sure my 7 year old would look at the screen then proceed to open the door and check anyways. Beyond that, I am not sure I really need to surf the internet on my fridge door......I am tech challenged enough without adding another device to worry about!
Old 10-04-2018, 04:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I'll add another item that makes me shake my head and wonder, do we really need this and where are we going as a society that makes someone design this......

Do we need an app to tell our shower to turn on and go to 103 degrees? Seriously?.......... Who the F needs that? Who is that vapid and lazy that they need to tell alexa or amazon or whatever other spying device to turn on their shower for them? Turn the handle and wait for it to get warm while you are undressing for f-sakes. I hope they don't sell a single one of these. The thought of this thing drives me crazy....just makes me want to curse....loudly.

https://www.moen.com/whats-new/innovation/u#features

Rant over....for now
did you see this?? and we worry about Russia... sigh....

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...ese-spy-chips/

I guess our congress woman who had her Chinese spy riding with her is okay with this, but it's those pesky ruskies...
Old 10-04-2018, 04:27 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
LOL...this is good....
While watching TV the other night an add came on for the Samsung refrigerator that has the touchscreen for internet access and to check what is inside your fridge. I get it but really......are we too lazy to open the fridge and see that we are out of milk....maybe the cost savings of not having to open the fridge is enough to offset but I am pretty sure my 7 year old would look at the screen then proceed to open the door and check anyways. Beyond that, I am not sure I really need to surf the internet on my fridge door......I am tech challenged enough without adding another device to worry about!

While I agree, there is an ap for that fridge where you can look and see what is in there while you’re out getting groceries.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 10-04-2018, 05:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I'll add another item that makes me shake my head and wonder, do we really need this and where are we going as a society that makes someone design this......

Do we need an app to tell our shower to turn on and go to 103 degrees? Seriously?.......... Who the F needs that? Who is that vapid and lazy that they need to tell alexa or amazon or whatever other spying device to turn on their shower for them? Turn the handle and wait for it to get warm while you are undressing for f-sakes. I hope they don't sell a single one of these. The thought of this thing drives me crazy....just makes me want to curse....loudly.

https://www.moen.com/whats-new/innovation/u#features

Rant over....for now
recirculating hot water lines have been around forever. you don't need a shower head to do that work.

I lived in a house about 10 years ago with hot water recirc lines. very fancy and muy bueno