Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2006, 08:58 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
My neighbor at camp had the same bad habit of not putting his little car in gear when he parked it. He kept it parked next to his 5th wheel.

One night he heard a car stopped outside on the road. He looked outside and saw a state trooper shining his spotlight down our boat ramp towards the water. He then noticed his car was no longer sitting beside his trailer. It seems the car drifted down his driveway, across the road and down the launching ramp. Luckly it ran off the side of the ramp and got tangled up in some brush on a bank just short of the water.

The trooper figured it was stolen and taken for a joy ride and dumped there. He had a hard time explaining that one.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:10 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Luckily I drive stick and always leave it in gear.

But my father did similar, he left a benz diesel on the top of a driveway that goes downhill into the garage under a house, i'm sure you've seen these. Anyway, left it in gear, shut it down, it was snowy and snow held the car in place... just long enough for there to be an open garage door and several people at the bottom before the snow pushed out of the way and the benz went down the hill into the other benz that was in the garage.... not too pretty.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:26 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
someone stole my dads van when I was a kid and the police found it the next day on a median with the keys in it, but run out of fuel
best they could tell, the vehicle had been abandoned with the motor running and it sat there all night til it died... I told dad, that's is when you KNOW you drive a piece of crap!
Old 02-21-2006, 01:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 ProStar 205, 351 HO, 1:1
I've done something similar. One of the days up here where the high for the day was below zero, I went out to start my car at night before I went to bed to make sure it would start the next day. I woke up the next morning and immediately remembered I forgot to turn the car off. Checked outside and sure enough, it was still running. The exhaust was about 3/4 iced over and I ironically had just filled on gas the day before. Burned just over a quarter tank about the 8 or 9 hours it was running.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:33 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
I do it a lot with my gas grill, leave it on high to burn off the junk after I pull the meat off. I don't realize until next time I try to start it up and the knobs are on "High" and the can is empty

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 02-21-2006, 05:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 XT23
We have a 2005 Ford F-250 plow truck at work. My boss started it to warm up (with the heater on high) and forgot about it. He started it at 3pm and found it running at 7am the next morning. He said it had to be 100 degrees in the truck and the vinyl bench seat was very soft. At least it was him and not me

2017 XT23

40 Mastercrafts and counting
Old 02-21-2006, 05:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: "05",MC,X9,MCX350,Pro tour red
We were camping in July a couple of years ago and I was taking a bunch of people up to the top of the river by the dam in my cherokee and I had a trailer full of all kinds of floating devices. I dropped off the rafts and pulled up on top by the road to park the car, I jumped out and started walking away and forgot to put the car in park! I set my (drink) on the trailer and there it went with my car! My buddy ran and jumped in the car and hit the brakes and put it in park (something I forgot to do!) just in time before it went over the edge about 100 feet down into the river right in front of us! And my drink spilled to make it worse! That could have been REAL bad! Thankgod someone was watching!
Old 02-21-2006, 07:54 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 1993 MASTERCRAFT PROSTAR 190 285HP 351 INDMAR
As a kid I blew the engine in my 73' Chevy LUV truck. No wrecker for me as I rented a bumper tow hitch. Fastened her up and headed for the shop in Newport News, VA. Made it about 300 yards, bumper ripped off and the truck went right around us and into the ditch. No damage. Used the hilbilly rope brake in the back after that.

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I
Old 02-21-2006, 09:36 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: None this week!
Nothing that funny but I did manage to let my Cummins sit idle for 2/3 of a day before on more than one occasion. Since it was hopped up I was always very cautious to give it ample cool down time and I'd run in the house for a few minutes only to get sidetracked and not come back to it. Good thing it had a high idle switch

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
1994 ProStar 205 (current)
Old 02-21-2006, 10:21 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1991 mastercraft Prostar 190, 351 w/powerslot. Blue & grey.
Get this: we have this guy at work thats kind of a spaz at times. He is always in a frikkin hurry. so one time me and another coworker were watching him out on the lot. So this guy runs to a car and gets in it and backs it up about 10 ft and gets out of it while the car is backing up!!!! so the dumbarse goes running after it as it goes across teh lot toward the new cars. Yes, he caught it in time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper Michigan Prostar190
On a different note: I like LOTS of snort comin' out of the hole.