Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-22-2006, 12:09 AM
TT Regular
Boat: 1982 Stars and Stripes
Okay, I have managed to do both of these things with the same car.

First came home from work and parked that car at the top of the driveway. My wife looked out some time later and asked why I had parked way down by the mailbox. Seems the car had come out of gear (stick shift) and rolled backwards down the drive toward the pond on the other side of the street. Luckily it brushed along the brick surround of the mailbox and stopped. Scrapped up the whole drivers side. Calling the insurance company was fun. "Who was driving at the time of the accident?" "Aaahh.....nobody."

Second leaving for church with the whole family and the suburban won't start. Quickly hopped into my car and jumped the burb, using my wife's keys to start it. Unhooked the jumper cables, shut the hoods, put away the cables and roared off later than usual. A few hours later I realized I couldn't find my keys. Thought through the whole sequence and decided that I had left them in the car. When we arrived home that afternoon the car was still there and the keys were on the dash.

The best part was a couple of weeks later when a neighbor was passing by and asked if we had been trying to kill my car. He had evidently seen it running and steaming and smoking as it overheated. He was kind enough to shut it off and leave the keys.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:05 AM
MC Devotee
Boat: 99 OB SportStar
Send a message via AIM to jraben8 Send a message via MSN to jraben8
Originally Posted by shepherd
I do it a lot with my gas grill, leave it on high to burn off the junk after I pull the meat off. I don't realize until next time I try to start it up and the knobs are on "High" and the can is empty
I've done this more times than I care to remember... but thankfully never with a car running.