Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 09-03-2017, 07:49 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2013 X55, 7.4L
I measured the rope today and appears that I am pretty bad at guessing at distances. We are surfing about 10 feet behind the boat and can drift back a few more feet to another sweet spot. Our boat is in the shop right now (leak in the right exhaust pipe), so will take pictures next weekend when we are out.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:40 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X55, 2013, 7.4L
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanBob View Post
My apologies, in that I did not take pictures last weekend (long story). I got a really good surf wake with the current setup and was able to hit a sweet spot at 4 to 5 feet behind the boat. I am wondering if the extra weight is extending the wake for your boat and if that is the main difference. My setup is: 1100 pounds in both rear lockers, starboard tab at 100%, center tab at 70% and the speed is set at 11.4 mph. I had about 350 pounds of human ballast on the port/surf side. I am still going to add more weight to get some experience with things.
Want to make sure I'm following your setup...couple of questions:

1. You have 1100 in both rear lockers? So you are really sinking more than listing?
2. What are the stock ballast tanks set at?

TIA
Old 09-05-2017, 09:45 PM
TT Newbie

That is correct. The factory hard tanks are 320 pounds. I bought the boat at a dealership and they added two soft bags in each rear locker that are plumbed into the factory system. It takes about 11 minutes to fill the both sides, so I am estimating the total weight to be 1100 pounds for each side. I got the setup from another X55 owner and he sent me the following link to a video or surfing behind his boat, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw1bgBFJeBs.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:50 PM
TT Newbie

The following is a photo of surfing behind our X55. You can see that I am pretty far back. I am hoping to add some leadwakes to see what happens if I list it more with this much weight in the back of the boat.
Attached Images