Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 05-23-2016, 10:54 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 x-14
Ronix Wake Surf Shaper

Bought this for my 2008 X-14 and the hull angle seems too steep, even with the shims they provided (up to 2 inches). Anyone have a solution for this?
Old 05-23-2016, 03:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X30, 2008 X15 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg58 View Post
Bought this for my 2008 X-14 and the hull angle seems too steep, even with the shims they provided (up to 2 inches). Anyone have a solution for this?
if you can return it i would; you should not have to modify a $600 product. check out the Delta by mission boat gear; sweet product. no velcro
Old 05-23-2016, 03:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt23 View Post
if you can return it i would; you should not have to modify a $600 product. check out the Delta by mission boat gear; sweet product. no velcro
+1

Lots of good ideas to build something in this thread. http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...=70442&page=16

Probably saving yourself $570
Old 06-02-2016, 11:50 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: MasterCraft, X Star, 2008
I had just put one on my 2008 X-Star this past weekend, not sure if it would work or not. Just like your x-14, I thought the hull angle was way too steep and I noticed there wasn't room for both velcro strips. I went ahead and tried it anyway, and actually only used just the top velcro strip. It worked perfectly. It stayed on perfectly, even with just the one velcro strip. It threw the perfect surf wave: completely clean, crisp and big. I also increased the speed up to 25 mph to see how well it would hold. I went about 500 yards at 25 mph and it stayed on with no issues whatsoever. Awesome product and completely changed the ability of wake surfing behind my X-Star.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:00 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 07 X-Star MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseFT View Post
I had just put one on my 2008 X-Star this past weekend, not sure if it would work or not. Just like your x-14, I thought the hull angle was way too steep and I noticed there wasn't room for both velcro strips. I went ahead and tried it anyway, and actually only used just the top velcro strip. It worked perfectly. It stayed on perfectly, even with just the one velcro strip. It threw the perfect surf wave: completely clean, crisp and big. I also increased the speed up to 25 mph to see how well it would hold. I went about 500 yards at 25 mph and it stayed on with no issues whatsoever. Awesome product and completely changed the ability of wake surfing behind my X-Star.
Do you have pictures of where you attached on your boat or pics of the surf wave?
Old 06-02-2016, 12:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 PS205, then a 2002 X9, and now a 2012 X14v
Location: Center Hill Lake, Old Hickory, and Norris Lakes in TN
I built a fake gate for my X14 from the thread above, and the surf wave is now fantastic. It took an hour to build, no Velcro or drilling into the hull/platform, and it cost me $32. Give it a shot.

"KC"

Cmon...lemme just push one button...
- Center Hill, Norris, & Old Hickory lakes in TN -
Old 06-02-2016, 12:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 07 X-Star MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
I built a fake gate for my X14 from the thread above, and the surf wave is now fantastic. It took an hour to build, no Velcro or drilling into the hull/platform, and it cost me $32. Give it a shot.
Totally agree with this. I never would have thought you could get a Ronix shaper on the X-star hull without half of it hanging off due to the hull step. That's why I want to see it.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:08 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: MasterCraft, X Star, 2008
I apologize for the late response. I was recently back up at the lake this past weekend and remembered to take pictures this time. The pictures of the surf wave were taken when there was no ballast in the boat (we had a slight issue with our pumps). Trust me, the wave is much bigger with the ballast filled, but you can see how much better the surf wave is with the wakesurf shaper. Prior to this addition to our boat, surfing on the starboard side of the boat was practically impossible and there was never a good, clean wake for the riders.
Attached Images