Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 03-11-2018, 09:01 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2015 X23
Transom Remote x23

I've ended up with a extra NRX300 Fusion remote and my x23 has never had a transom remote. Where does the factory route the wiring for the remote. I see a good spot to connect to the NMEA 2000 network under the helm. It would be easy enough to go down the starboard side with the other wiring. How does the factory route this once in the engine compartment? And how do you get access to the backside of where the remote is mounted.

Thanks
Chuck
Old 03-12-2018, 08:38 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Im pretty sure the factory routes that cable along the back wall and then follows wiring along the starboard side to the helm.

My remote is attached to the engine hatch and the wire quickly is routed to the back wall and zip tied to the wire harness.

Make sure you locate the remote high enough to not get submerged in water. These remotes will go out over time water exposure. I have replaced two so far.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:15 AM
TT Newbie

Thanks for the info.

If anyone has a picture of the cable under the engine hatch please post. This remote mounts to the outside of the air intake for the engine. So If I drill from the outside push the cable through I will not be in the engine compartment. Instead I will be in the air intake area. I'm curious how they route the cable out of this area and into the engine compartment and harness.

Thanks
Chuck
Old 03-24-2018, 08:10 AM
TT Newbie

Bump - any info on wire routing for the transom remote?