Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2015, 11:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Wiping down boat on the lift

This will be my first year and experience with keeping my boat on a lift. I always wipe it down after every use. I was thinking of some sort of mop with a long handle and a microfiber that I can spray hot sauce on and wipe it down since it will be hard to reach. Any tips/tricks/suggestions?
Old 05-24-2015, 02:10 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
What kind of lift? Mine is a bottom sitting cradle type. I can step down on the cradle to wipe the sides. The bow i reach over.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2009 Tournament Team 197
Hot sauce?
#46 of #100
Old 05-24-2015, 09:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC 2002 X30
I think it depends on the type of lift, I just walked around the edge of lift and wiped it down each time. Some guys will build platforms on the lift to stand on.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:01 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCoast 83 View Post
Hot sauce?
That product is the ticket. Hands down the best I've used.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCoast 83 View Post
Hot sauce?
Checkout boatbling.net for hot sauce. Removes hard water spots and has wax sealants. Most of the time I have people helping me wipe down the boat and I didn't want to get into a situation where I have people climbing on the lift and potentially falling and getting hurt.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:35 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
i wipe mine down at least every day ... but i cant get the hull. i crawl into the lift twice a year to wax the boat bottom

right now i'm using some Griot Garage speed shine
Old 05-25-2015, 09:42 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft x10 2014
Bit of a thread hijack, but I was wondering what everyone's definition of wiping the boat down meant? I have a dark colored hull, and our water is hard, so I am always fighting the hard water stains. I thought wiping down the hull meant drying it when pulling it out of the water, but I found that is was mostly dry by the time I went to wipe it, and had little effect on the hard water stains. So when everyone wipes down their boat, do they mean spray it with hot sauce or a comparable product and wipe it down?
Old 05-25-2015, 09:44 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
keep my x2 on a hydrohoist and it get's wiped down with hot sauce after every trip on the water. girlfriend wipes the sides while standing on the dock and I wipe from the windshield forward while still in the boat. then I hit the transom and we are done.
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2015, 10:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by csherbo View Post
Bit of a thread hijack, but I was wondering what everyone's definition of wiping the boat down meant? I have a dark colored hull, and our water is hard, so I am always fighting the hard water stains. I thought wiping down the hull meant drying it when pulling it out of the water, but I found that is was mostly dry by the time I went to wipe it, and had little effect on the hard water stains. So when everyone wipes down their boat, do they mean spray it with hot sauce or a comparable product and wipe it down?
I was doing the same as you. I decided wiping it down with just a towel/cloth was a waste of time. After some reading on here I tried some hot sauce. The results were pretty amazing. At the end of the season I took the boat to my detail guy. He thought I had only used the boat once or twice the whole season because it looked so good.
Wiping down the boat is the job of my minions (kids) so I've been looking for some ways for them to reach the boat more easily and keep that job for them even though I'll be using a lift.