Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-30-2015, 09:47 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
I had a jet dock for ours. Probably my favorite of any drive on dock I've used!

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 01-31-2015, 12:08 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
So questions are:
what size ski?
What attachment options do you plan? floating dock, pier dock, or posts?
How much does water level fluctuate?
wave/wake action exposed?
Year round, seasonal or weekend?
Old 01-31-2015, 09:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

It's a Yamaha VX110. 10'6" long. Dry weight 715 pounds. It's a pier dock. Water level can fluctuate but probably not more than a couple of feet. It'll be a seasonal dock. I"m not sure about wave action since I don't know if I'll be able to get a dock in the cove or have to take one on the main part of the lake.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:15 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 Super Air Nautique 210
I've had an ez-port for about 4 years now for my daughters sea doo. It works well and is easier than trying to get on a lift when it's windy or lots of wakes. It will eventually put scratches on the hull and with waves rolling over the back of pump, there is some water staining. Unfortunately, right now it sitting on the ground due to low lake levels so
I wish I could complain about water stains again.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:09 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
i have 3 ez port 3 drive on docks attached to our floating dock. i found the first 2 used off CL and then a few years later, i needed a 3rd so i had to buy the last one new. i'm not particularly in love with the ez ports but they have a proprietary way of connecting so i was pretty much forced to stay with the same brand for the 3rd. the ez ports are long enough so there is never any water splashing on the ride plate or jet pump. i see lots of hydroport brand drive on docks on our lake and all of their ride plate/pumps are getting wet. they are just too short for the large skis popular today. rollers as said above are an absolute must for a large ski. aside from the length of the dock, i think one of the most important things to consider is what protects the bow of the ski from an over zealous docking. most that i see on our lake, including mine, have no good way to protect the ski or the dock from overshooting the landing. there is this one kid in our slough who must think that we all think he is so cool because he can zoom in and out on his cousins sea doo. what i enjoy is watching him ram the metal support beam of the dock every time he parks the ski. i've tried adding fenders to the support beams on our dock, but it really doesn't do much to protect the fiberglass bow of the ski. the worst crash we had was after i had lubed the rollers and forgot to tell my wife. she zoomed up and didn't have the drag of the unlubricated rollers and went flying into the dock. thus, if i were in the market, i'd definitely only look at ones with some type of bow protection. my final solution was to sell the couches and buy stand ups. since i have to drag them up by hand there is no need for bow protection.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
I have a rocker docker (free) and a "Jet-T" ($100).
I only use them for stand ups and they work ok for this. I will ride up on them but no one else does.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
I have a Floe lift for our Kawasaki Jet Ski. It is soooo easy to put in and take out. Hardly weighs anything. I get nervous when the weather gets nasty windy or boats get too close. This keeps it out of the water and sitting still.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Prostar
Send a message via AIM to Tony Webb
I have the Dandy Dock 2XL and we put a seadoo 3person GTX 260 and it keeps totally out of the water, great roller system and the winch is also a bonus....A great product

http://www.dandydocks.com/
Old 02-01-2015, 05:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Webb View Post
I have the Dandy Dock 2XL and we put a seadoo 3person GTX 260 and it keeps totally out of the water, great roller system and the winch is also a bonus....A great product

http://www.dandydocks.com/
Doesn't the "dock" float? If that works for you... great. I have concerns over wave actions. It seems to me your dock is sitting in the water. That's me...sorry.