Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 01:23 PM
cruiser cruiser is offline
MC Fanatic
Join Date: May 2013
Boat: 1981 mastercraft S & S 351W PowerSlot
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 501
valve covers 81 stars and stripes

has anyone figured out how to tighten the center valve cover bolts next to the exhaust risers. Is there a special tool out there? I got about a 1/2 turn on the rest. Would like to tighten them. I would hope you dont have to remove the risers.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:59 PM
catamount catamount is offline
MC Fanatic
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 1987 ProStar 190
Location: Vermont
Posts: 502
The only tool for the job is a flex socket on a ratchet extension.

I don't know what size yours call for, but Sears sells them individually for about $6/each.

Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:44 PM
MikeyOrange88 MikeyOrange88 is offline
TT Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: 1988 Tristar 190 Sport (Closed Bow), 351W w/ GT-40's
Location: Southeast
Posts: 299
I used a 1/4" universal, as I call it, when I snugged mine up a bit. Similar to the photo above, except it has 1/4" female and male drive ends, and then you add any size 1/4" drive socket. Accomplishes the same end.
1988 Tristar 190 Sport, 351W w/GT-40's, 1:1 Velvetdrive
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.