Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 12-21-2016, 02:02 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Because it's the law.
The sarcasm, you missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L397TWLwrUU

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 12-21-2016, 09:10 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V. 1982 S&S Powerslot (sold).
I gotta one-up that one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZG11UBoj-o
Old 12-21-2016, 10:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
Here it is:

Attachment 154531
well the P*ssy was wearing a helmet... so in the 50's they didn't even have those.... great pick BTW
Old 12-21-2016, 10:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
The rules on my boat officially are

1. If you are a child (under 16) without your parents you wear a life jacket on the boat. If your parents are on the boat they are responsible for you. Otherwise I just tell you were they are in case of emergency.
2. Wakeboarding you wear a life jacket (Although no one has tried not to wear one)
3. Wakesurfing you can do it however you want (but everyone still wears a life jacket)
4. No tubing!

The problem is you asked this question during a polar vortex so people are now bringing in wearing a helmet while driving. Somehow I caused this by saying freak accidents like the board comming out like a missile and hitting you is possible.

Who wears a helmet while wakeboarding? Do you find they help reduce in seeing stars when you eat it hard? I know they help a lot for blowing out ear drums if you get the ear flaps.
you should change number 4 to no tubing with a PFD
Old 12-22-2016, 09:34 AM

Boat: XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
well the P*ssy was wearing a helmet... so in the 50's they didn't even have those.... great pick BTW
I can't take credit. 03 35th posted it, I just pilfered it from another thread.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-30
We have become a society that has opted to replace common sense/personal insight/personal knowledge/personal accountability/and accepting responsibility for our own personal choices with laws and rules. I try to live my life by doing what is right, rather than what I have the right to do. The difference is that the former comes from an internal set of beliefs, values and morals and the latter comes from the external. As far as vests go, usually by the time that we start surfing, I am so drunk and stoned out of my mind, that I don't even notice whether or not anyone is wearing one or even if I have one on.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:27 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 X23 6000GDI - Previous 2014 Gen2 X25 6.0L
Accidents happen. Had a good friends daughter fall face forward while surfing. She caught the tip of the surf board in the face. Saw stars, was disoriented. Not a disaster by any means but I was glad she had the jacket on.

I'm not here to legislate anybody's behavior. You do what you want.

But on my X25, we wear life jackets while surfing, tubing, skiing, wakeboarding, etc.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:45 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: paddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Accidents happen. Had a good friends daughter fall face forward while surfing. She caught the tip of the surf board in the face. Saw stars, was disoriented. Not a disaster by any means but I was glad she had the jacket on.

I'm not here to legislate anybody's behavior. You do what you want.

But on my X25, we wear life jackets while surfing, tubing, skiing, wakeboarding, etc.
I totally agree. You just never know what's going to happen. Two kid's around here bouncing around on a skiff. Hit a wave on a bad angle, both tossed in the water, neither surfaced. Neither were wearing life jackets. Had they been they would be alive as boats were everywhere and several witnesses saw them eject. Sad.

In the end. "I don't care, put it on"
Old 12-29-2016, 12:31 PM
TT Regular

Boat: current-07 X2, past-02 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Really late to this party but why wouldn't anyone just wear a vest. I find it incredibly tedious to tread water or hold onto a board while the driver returns and resets. I was bad about wearing comp vests but at least they give you some buoyancy.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:50 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2011 X25
Our lake is not deep, maybe 8-10ft average, and very narrow. I always wear my bright green comp vest because it does add a little flotation, make it easier for other boaters to see me in the water, and a lot easier for others to find me if I start to sink to the bottom. I would be wearing a real vest if the lake was any deeper.

Been in situations where I got caught in a strong current out to sea or having to tread rough water without a vest. I'm a strong swimmer and not one to panic, both situations wore me out and neither involved me taking a surfboard to the head first. Take your instagram pic without a vest and gather your internet likes, then put one back on. JMO.