Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 07-15-2018, 01:17 AM
TT Newbie

Perfect pass wont stop timing / beeping?

Hi Friends, I have a 2003 PS 197 TT with the predator 310 engine. Since I bought it in 2007, the PP worked perfectly for all I use it for, locking in a consistent speed for skiing/wakeboading. Itís never run a course, and Ive never needed or used the timer.

Randomly last time out, it started beeping non stop, timing up to a few tenths of a second, beeping again, timer starts and counts up to a few tenths and repeats. Really annoying. When its on the trailer and I turn the key the system seems to boot up / act normal. As soon as I put it in the water and start the engine, this cycle of timing, beep, reset, timing, beep, reset continues, no matter what condition the PP is in.

Ive tried a reset of the system. Iíve tried unplugging the smart timer. Nothing seems to change this. Any ideas? Is the master module shot? I have no idea what to try next and really donít want to take to my local MC dealer unless I have to.

Thanks for any help!
Attached Files
File Type: mov 134056DA-C698-4333-941E-FAC0B8C171C2.MOV (35.46 MB, 26 views)
Old 07-15-2018, 07:28 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_M View Post
Hi Friends, I have a 2003 PS 197 TT with the predator 310 engine. Since I bought it in 2007, the PP worked perfectly for all I use it for, locking in a consistent speed for skiing/wakeboading. It’s never run a course, and Ive never needed or used the timer.

Randomly last time out, it started beeping non stop, timing up to a few tenths of a second, beeping again, timer starts and counts up to a few tenths and repeats. Really annoying. When its on the trailer and I turn the key the system seems to boot up / act normal. As soon as I put it in the water and start the engine, this cycle of timing, beep, reset, timing, beep, reset continues, no matter what condition the PP is in.

Ive tried a reset of the system. I’ve tried unplugging the smart timer. Nothing seems to change this. Any ideas? Is the master module shot? I have no idea what to try next and really don’t want to take to my local MC dealer unless I have to.

Thanks for any help!
If you do not get this resolved here, call the folks at PP for additional guidance. They have excellent support service from all I have read on the forum. I have had to use them one time after the initial purchase and got excellent support.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlogged882 View Post
If you do not get this resolved here, call the folks at PP for additional guidance. They have excellent support service from all I have read on the forum. I have had to use them one time after the initial purchase and got excellent support.

Agree - Call Mark @ PP. I have never seen anything like that. On another note, this could be a great time to upgrade to Stargazer.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:35 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
You could solve your problems in 20 minutes with this for only $100, and it's an upgrade from what you have:

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skii...l&postid=47322

If you are hellbent on wakeboard pro - $75

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skii...l&postid=47284
Old 07-16-2018, 11:37 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Disconnect anything plugged into the timer ports and test again. NM see you disconnected smart time - my guess then would be that there is some sort of short on the board at the timer input.

I would atleast inspect the master module to see if there are signs of this being wet under the cover. The "on/off" trailer aspect makes me suggest moisture causing this - which you might be able to dry out.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:19 PM
TT Newbie

Thanks everyone - that gives me a couple options for the next time I’m at the lake house. Stargazer looks awesome, but don’t think I’m ready yet to drop that kind of $ since I just bought the house. Slalomjunkie - that first link is gone, what was the upgrae you referenced? Can anyone confirm that if I had the digital pro master module originally, that a wakeboard pro module will work? Does it just not have the complexity of the timers?

I did leave the cover off one night when it rained...wonder if somehow water got somewhere it shouldn’t have...hmmm.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:13 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 X-Star
Did you resolve this issue? I had the same issue earlier this summer and it was a result of a low battery. It turns out the PP was a great alert for when my battery was running low on charge. When my battery had a sufficient charge, the beeping stopped. My alternator eventually failed and with the new alternator, this is no longer an issue.

Tags
2003 ps197, perfect pass