Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 09-09-2018, 09:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 XStar
What powers the vdig? Vdig stays on when key removed

I've tried unplugging everything to get my vdig to power off when the key is out. It stays on until I switch the batteries off.
I searched for the CAN bus plug in the engine compartment but can not find on my 08 XStsr.
All the gauges (speed, volts, air temp) in the vdig work except for the depth and water temp but those have been out for 2 seasons and vdig worked just fine so I dont think that's causing my issue.
Only other issue I have with the vdig is my menu button doesn't work all the time... sometimes I have to push it 10 times to get to the menu.

I removed the vdig today and took it apart. All looks good but going to use my meter on the button cable and see if the menu button is not working each time its pressed.

Tomorrow I am going to put my meter on the transducer and see if it's really bad or if just corroded and replace if needed.

Boat has almost 1,950 hours and the vdig is my only issue. I have another vdig thread and posted in another with this problem. I do not have the 4 wire cable in my boat so that connection is open.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Think my Menu button is the issue, it's showing constant connectivity and ohms between the 5 and 6 pin. When I push the Menu button sometimes it changes the ohms sometimes it doesn't.

Gonna order up part # 4157-10944-01 and see if that fixes it
Old 09-10-2018, 09:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-14 MCX w/Powerslot
I think my vdig will display some stuff with the boat off...If you press the menu button. If yours is hung that seems like a likely culprit.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Installed new buttons and everything works except my CS wont stay at 750 once I turn key off