Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 09-04-2018, 11:17 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 Xstar
X Star speedometer inop,perfect pass

I'm new to this board and am looking for a little help. I have an 05 XStar. The speedometer for the perfect pass and the analog speedo stopped working. I pulled the paddle wheel out and the 4 pin "waterproof" connector fell apart. Problem number one. I tested the sensor and found out it was bad. I have 4 wires on the boat side wiring. Black white red and bare. The bare wire is ground. I have nothing on the red wire. 4.5 volts on the black and 6 volts on the white wire. From all of the reading that I have done I should have 12 V on one of those wires. I tried following the wires but they disappear up under the dashboard. I am assuming something is shorted or has a bad connection but I don't know where to start looking without a wiring diagram. I am hoping someone can help me out. I called master craft and they said they would see what they could find. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2018, 11:45 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X2, MCX
Is this helpful?

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=58473
Old 09-05-2018, 12:26 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 Xstar
XStar

i was testing the wires with the sensor removed and checking the 4 wires. Only having roughly 4 volts on one wire and 6 volts on the other. Should one of the wires have 12volts?