Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 08-29-2018, 09:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft Prostar 197WTT , 6.0L Ilmor, Mini tower
New billet mirror

What’s everyone’s opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-29-2018, 10:31 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Looks expensive
Old 08-29-2018, 11:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft NXT20
It's made in the good old USA so I'm down with it. personally I think Mastercraft went with it due to the look and I bet cost wise was close but profit on it must be better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2018, 08:14 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
At some point we reach a level of "over engineered" for a purpose. The machining looks killer but do we really need a $400 mirror bracket? Part of the reason these boats are going up so much in price. Don't get me wrong I can appreciate the design and execution of the product but doubt I personally would buy it as an option unless money was no objection during the purchase.

The trouble I see with the direction of the new boats (in cost) is that at some point the bottom will fall out the "gold plated toilet" trend in boat design. When that happens (and it has before) they'll be a knee jerk correction where resale value plummets once the boat leaves the showroom floor. Once the well heeled lose interest in the toy that sits in the lift all summer and move on to other status symbols, you'll see more boats left on the showroom floor. I guess this is good (right now) for resale for all of us that have older boats but I predict instability in the market is coming.

I hear more and more die hards saying they're not willing to drop the coin needed these days to purchase a new wake or slalom boat and they were buying new boats every 3 to 5 years. Losing this base is dangerous as what you're left with is the trendy group which will lose interest and buy the next big thing.

Oh well, sorry to get off topic with this rant. Yeah, the mirror and bracket look great.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:49 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft 197 Pro Tournament Team
Send a message via Yahoo to Fullpass
I do appreciate a good/larger mirror pulling skiers, kind of a safety factor for me, at just a glance in the mirror you can see what's going on, plus drive the boat in the course or if someone is free skiing, nice. Boat traffic etc.

Now for the style of the mirror nice looking, black/silver finish liking it.

Now what are the reviews, does the mirror stay locked in position and not bounce out of position and half to be readjusted. That would be a biggy , must not fail in that department.

Adaptor, for tower mounts?

Over Engineered...kinda I liked the large older mirror dash mounts. They functioned perfect.

Market, yes always someone has to have the latest and greatest despite cost, 130k boat walks of the dealer lot just lost 30k in two minutes, given a few more years, will eventually fall into someones hands who thinks its priced just about right for them.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:26 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
I have to repeat my opinion again here... Good drivers aren't looking in the mirror except to tighten the rope... Or after a fall....
Old 08-30-2018, 10:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X2 & 1984 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
I have to repeat my opinion again here... Good drivers aren't looking in the mirror except to tighten the rope... Or after a fall....

We have a winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2018, 12:30 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: In Search Of...
Quote:
Then how would you know if another boat was coming up from behind you?

The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word
Old 08-30-2018, 02:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
Cool

Quote:
By this definition, I am a good driver.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X-2
I've seen a lot of inner tube pulling drivers that were great drivers too. They spent the whole time looking back at the tuber, never looking in the mirror, or anywhere in the general forward direction to see where they were going...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk