Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 09-04-2018, 10:47 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 40th Anniversary X-Star Saltwater Series
2008 40th X-Star Saltwater Series

I'm considering selling my 40th X-Star. I'm torn between selling to get into something a little newer (clean pre-owned MC with the Saltwater Package) and keeping her but adding GSA. The boat has about 540 hours on it, approximately 100 of those are in saltwater. The boat is in excellent condition as I try to keep her looking as close to new as possible. That being said, there are a few minor flaws in the vinyl, a couple insignificant scratches in the gelcoat and some evidence that the boat has been in saltwater if you get down in the engine compartment (rust on the motor mounts, some minor corrosion here and there). Unfortunately, this is inevitable with a boat used in saltwater despite my OCD and attempts to keep her as new. Mechanically the boat is very strong and has been serviced regularly.

As for options, she is equipped with the following (and I'm probably missing something):

Saltwater Package
6.0 LY6 Engine
Four Tower Speakers (two with integrated forward lights)
Rear Facing Light Bar
Heater
Freshwater Washdown
Bow Filler Cushion
Bimini
Boat Cover
Bow Ladder
Tower Mirror
Fly High Ballast System (with four bags and three valves to switch between tanks and bags)
Minn Kota MK 212PC Battery Charger
2018 Sport Trail Tandem Axle Custom Aluminum Trailer

As attached as I am to this boat, I am easily as attached to the trailer. I just had it made back in June and Kevin at Sport Trail LLC builds a trailer of unparalleled quality. The trailer is completely welded with a level of detail and craftsmanship unrivaled in the aluminum trailer industry. The trailer has Kodiak complete stainless brake system on both axles (calipers, pads, discs, and brackets). All hardware is SS, it has torsion axles, 15" aluminum wheels with spare wheel, tire, and complete hub/spindle assembly. It also has SS ratcheting transom and bow tie-downs, laser cut MC logos in the non-skid, full LED lighting, and the list goes on.

I'm leaning towards keeping her and adding GSA and having a custom Sunbrella over-the-tower cover made for the boat that fully encapsulates her down to the chines and over the swim platform as the cost to upgrade is likely more than I'm willing to spend. However, I thought I'd throw this up here to get some feedback before making any decisions.

**I apologize for the lack of interior photos as these are the only pictures I have on my phone.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Attached Images

Last edited by SaltwaterMC; 09-04-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:48 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
That trailer looks awesome considering Sport Trail makes a lot of trailer for center consoles.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks, Dave. Kevin really hit it out of the park with this build and it easily loads as nice as the OEM trailer I had.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Ironically, I just picked up a GSA controller from member jon-thornton here on the forum. I will have to source the tabs and actuators from Ryan at GSA to complete my kit, but will be installing GSA in the near future to my 40th X-Star. It looks like I'll be holding on to her for a while after all. I'll post pictures of the install and the surf wave upon completion. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2018, 09:34 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1996 ProStar 205
Just got the go surf assist on my 06 x star , if you get the system youíll never sell that boat !!!! Trailer is very nice !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2018, 10:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek779 View Post
Just got the go surf assist on my 06 x star , if you get the system youíll never sell that boat !!!! Trailer is very nice !

That's so encouraging to hear, Malek! Do you have any pictures of the transom of your boat with GSA installed that you could send me? Also, any pictures of the wave? What are you using for ballast? Did you go with the raised platform brackets? If so, were they really necessary? Thanks, for the compliment on the trailer - I really do love it as much as I do the boat!
Old 09-11-2018, 10:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 XStar
That is one sweet trailer!

Are you allowed to peel their stickers and replace them with MC stickers?
Old 09-11-2018, 10:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Unfortunately the Sport Trail logo is not a sticker, but instead laser cut into the black non-skid that is on the frame of the trailer. However, Sport Trail did me right by building me a one-off trailer at a very fair price, so I'm happy to rep the brand!
Old 09-11-2018, 10:41 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1996 ProStar 205
I donít have any pics of the back only but I can take some later , I went with the raiser brackets because after all the weight thatís added the old one will just drag and wash up the wake ,and I weigh the boat evenly 2 750s in rear lockers 2 350s under front seats and all stock tanks full , I ride goofy and I can surf the starboard side with only a driver in the boat the more people we get in the boat the better and bigger / taller the wake gets ,the port side wake is crazy good with only driver in the boat

Old 09-11-2018, 12:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: None Yet
Love the license plate on the tow rig! If you sell it you'll have to get all new plates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.