Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 08-19-2018, 07:04 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Aspiring Owner
2001 X Star

Looking at a 2001 X Star with about 850 hours. It's a nice boat that ran well on a test run. Has closed loop cooling for the engine (half system). Had Perfect pass installed ~3 years ago. Gauges were replaced with Faria gauges ~3 years ago. Upholstery replaced ~3 years ago & looks good. Carpet is worn & missing in the bow. 2,000 pounds of ballast added (leaky pump on one). Hull looks good with no bubbles (although 1 long scratch on 1 side above the water line). 2 bilge pumps & dual battery with perko switch. Bimini top & replacement cover in ok shape. Has transom damage at the swim platform (see picture). Single axle 2011 trailer with surge brakes & swing away tongue (fender damage on 1 side). Thoughts on a reasonable price? Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2018, 10:20 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1998 225VRS
$17,500

What’s going on with the oil behind the drivers seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2018, 10:26 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, x-star, 2002
This boat in better condition (not used in Brackish or salt water) is worth 27-30k area, again depending on hours, condition and availability (can be hard to find these).
Old 08-20-2018, 03:14 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Sold - X2 2006 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driutzel View Post
$17,500

What’s going on with the oil behind the drivers seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed on the 17,500.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:11 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 99' X-Star
In my area a boat in this condition is going for $20-23K, I just paid $17.5 for a 99 X-Star with go surf assist and 1,900 lbs ballast installed with an interior not as nice as yours.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '99 205v
With new upholstery and in otherwise good condition with all options listed I’d say 21-22k. But I’d expect it to have tower speakers and updated audio system for that. So dock roughly 2k for not having that.

Also, I don’t think I’ve ever seen swim platform brackets painted red like that. I would want to get a real good look at that damage where the platform bracket is mounted, inside and out. Did you get the story of how that happened? That’s below the waterline so kind of a big deal in my book. Again, dock 1-2k for that. And you’re approaching that 17.5k someone already mentioned. Maybe 18k.

I see other boat trailers in the background. Is this at a dealer? If so maybe you could negotiate some gelcoat repair into the deal for that area of the transom where the damage is.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:00 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Aspiring Owner
Just getting caught up. The current owner recently changed oil so that's likely why they were in the boat. Don't know the story behind the transom damage. Current owner bought it that way a few years back. Floorboard inside doesn't look like it's been cut, so I can't get a good look at it from the inside. Whoever did the work prior did it from the outside. Looks like they put some epoxy on it with new, roundhead screws in the bracket on the left side (not sure if they were stainless or not). Have a separate post on that issue. Thanks to all for the input!
Old 08-22-2018, 09:52 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 07 xstar
Run Forest Run, unless you want this pos B.O.A.T
Old 08-22-2018, 11:34 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '99 205v
The floor of the boat is removable. You can take out the middle panel. But that isn’t how you’d access the inside of the transom. You’d want to lift the port side rear storage lid, and the damaged area is likely underneath the carpet. You would probably have to peel back the carpet in that area to make sure there isn’t any damage to the fiberglass. Might sound like a lot of work, but gluing some carpet back down is nothing when you’re trying to make sure the hull is intact. If that is purely gelcoat damage and the fiberglass is intact, that’s not so bad, but I would want to make 100% sure before even considering this boat.