Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-11-2017, 10:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
^That is great work, thanks Tass. Much appreciate the photos. Do you happened to recall which manufacturer your 1100 bags came from?

Hope you get a last run or two before winter. Cheers.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft x30, 2015 6.2ops
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
^That is great work, thanks Tass. Much appreciate the photos. Do you happened to recall which manufacturer your 1100 bags came from?

Hope you get a last run or two before winter. Cheers.
Hi Moose.

Here's hoping. It doesn't get as cold here as your neck of the woods, water temp to about 5.0 celcius at the coldest but last weekend it was down to 12 and that's starting to get chilly.

The bags are FlyHigh bags. I got them from:

Ian Brown
[email protected]
(309) 371-0095
www.OnlyInboards.com

This guy was brilliant. I had tried to get info from some of the other suppliers mentioned on this site but didn't get much help with my queries. Ian even had Mike from Barefoot International / Fly High call me here in Oz to make sure everything I wanted fitted and worked. He also made up two shipments for me so that I came in under the Australian import duty limits. Outstanding service.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:37 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X-30 6.0L
What are your fill times with the 1100's on top of the tanks if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Nissan Maxima SL

Lonestar Masterbash
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=85369

Texas A&M '21
Old 05-12-2017, 03:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lda6339 View Post
What are your fill times with the 1100's on top of the tanks if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Horrible lda...around 14 minutes. Its not too bad I guess, I normally idle to warm the motor up and get people sorted with their gear while they are filling. That said it cranks a good wave when they are only 70%, certainly good enough to surf. Part of the idea with the longer brackets was so I can install additional pumps if need be. You need to make sure you have enough inlets on the bags to do this though.

I have 400's in the front under the seats running off the centre hard tank and they fill in about 8 minutes from memory but only fill to about 200 to 250 each I guess before they pop the seats up. I decided that by going bigger than needed but only partially filling them allows plenty of sack to mould into the shape of the compartment, thus maximising the ballast I can fit into the area. It works well.

I definitely recommend bow weight, especially if going big with bags at the back.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:55 AM
MC Maniac

The Fly High 1100's are 50L x 25W x 25W. https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-jumbo-surf-sac.html.

Also a brilliant idea to add another pump and bag inlet, presume the volume increases despite the singular intake below hull? Note the Fly Highs may not have additional inlets as the WM bags, not sure.

IIRC another TT member modded larger hose fittings at the pumps or maybe swapped out the angled fittings for strait at the pumps.

Thanks again, great stuff, pun intended.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 x-30, 6.2, gen2
I'll try to get pics up sometime soon, but here is what I am doing (some of it done, some in the future sometime):

1) relocate the pumps to the engine compartment so you can remove the back bulkhead, this also makes it easier to replace impellers
2) cut down the screws and stuff sticking through from the transom which were behind the bulkhead
3) carpet the back wall of the transom
4) use the old bulkhead to fabricate a new "floor" over the gap you have now created between the ballast tank and the transom
5) remove all 90 degree fittings from the pumps (the fittings are 3/4" and the pumps are designed to take a 1" hose over the top of the female threaded part)
6) drill out the threads to open up the intake and exit if the ballast pump.
7) polish the inside of the pump housing where the impeller is

Maybe next year I am going to upgrade to ballast king pumps (20% larger than stock), but I am also going to put in electronic ball valves at that time to so that thru hull openings open when the pumps are on.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

I guess I should also mention that I am running the 800 pound Ronix bags. They are 50Lx26Wx22H. They have big dimensions, but tapered to the top so they don't want to roll and put pressure on the engine compartment divider...which is why the dimensions are closer to as 1100 pound bag, but they are only 800 pounds. With the mods from my previous post and a more rectangular bag, they would still fit fine, so my guess is you could run any of the bags Moose had mentioned before and be fine.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

See pic
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2017, 11:06 PM
MC Maniac

^Ahoy MM, now that is what I'm talking about - tremendous wave from great ideas on the ballast setup. Thank you.

Have been missing that crystal clear water. Let's connect this summer on LPO or CDA. Open door at our place.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

That wave looks sweet mike. I can't get over how good the wave became after changing the ballast set up. I surf goofy and the wall of water curling over the top of the wave is just so thick and heavy. I had a play around with speed a couple of weeks back and was still getting push after drifting back and letting the rope go at full stretch, it was ridiculous. Not as steep and I had to work harder to stay on the wave but good fun playing around. I swapped out the angled connectors to the pumps as per your recommendations at the start of last season by the way. Good tip.

Tags
ballast, junkinthetrunk, lockers, x30