Go Back   TeamTalk > News & Information > Team Talk Forum Help- Forum Issues Only

Old 09-03-2018, 11:56 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2006, Indmar 5.7L 310 hp
2006 X2 fuel gauge issue

Looking for some advice. On my way back to the dock tonight we broke down. This is a new boat for me and only my 3rd trip out. Had a full tuneup and more before getting it on the water a few weeks ago. While underway I simply lost power and almost stalled out. Engine turned on again but would not go forward. After getting home I started to wonder if I dumbly ran out of gas. I checked the gauge and it read full as it has all trips and have put at least two hours of wakeboarding and skiing. I also put an very bright LED on the fuel tank to see if it was in fact full and to me seems empty and hollow sounding.

My question is what type of foat system does the X2 06’ have? What is the best way to try and fix this myself? Is there a fuse or sensor that can be replace.

Appreciate the help!
Old 09-05-2018, 04:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Achilles sg124
you need a new fuel sender unit. make sure you order new gasket too. after you install it you will need to calibrate the two little setscrews with a micro flathead. One is for full and one is for empty. The sender is located right next to your fuel pump.on top of the tank.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:44 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Sold - X2 2006 MCX
Agreed on the fuel sender, this is a common thing and very easy to access under the back seat on your 06.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:57 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2006, Indmar 5.7L 310 hp
So I put about 20 gallons in the tank and boat ran as it should. Gauge reads full as it has all along. Is it best to order that part for a dealer? Thank you for the help!
Old 09-13-2018, 12:06 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Achilles sg124
great lakes skipper should have it cheaper. Get a part number of your old one.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:15 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '07 X2
simple fix, I had to on my 07 x2 last summer, get the part, takes all of 10 minutes