Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2018, 03:25 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: None
2001 205V , questions before possible purchase

Hi,

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, if not I am sorry.
I have been lurking these boards for close to a year now and have been in the market for a clean (2000+ due to the extra seating) 205V (Xstar) and found one that grabbed my attention.

The guy said he will take 19K.
475 hrs
Northstar LTR 330hp

1. In this picture of the motor, is the corrosion around the riser bolts and in general considered normal for a boat this age? Guy said boat has never touched salt water and that he personally knows the original owner that never used it in salt either.

2.The sun pad picture, the guy said he was trailering it this last spring and the cover came loose on the back, thus causing the damage shown. What are your opinions?

Besides these two concerns, the boat is very nice. Original interior is in what looks to be excellent condition, and the exterior looks the part as well with no damage or fading whatsoever ( i had the guy do a walk around closeup video)

Any opinions are appreciated that could save me from buying trouble.
Thanks,
B
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2018, 03:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '99 205v
I have a ‘99 205v. The rust around the area you’re talking about in the picture is normal. Mine had that too, and it hasn’t changed much in the 7 years I’ve owned my boat. Also, that area on the sun pad was the first piece of vinyl I had to have redone. Although mine was cracking from normal wear and tear in that same spot so not really sure if the cover really caused all of that. A good upholstery shop can recover that piece for you. It would probably set you back a couple hundred dollars, assuming it’s only the center piece. If it’s all 3 pieces, expect closer to 6 or 700.

Does it have a tower? Percect pass? Stereo? Bimini? Upgraded ballast?
Old 11-14-2018, 10:52 AM
TT Newbie

Thanks for the response .
Yes boat has zero flex tower w\ Bimini , perfect pass , fat sac bags front and rear , and newer stereo system .
The corrosion on all the bolts just has me a bit on edge , the pad I know can be replaced but just didnít know if anyone could believe the ď my cover came loose and it ended up like this when I got home ď story .
Iíll post more pictures of the boat later .

Thnks again
Old 11-14-2018, 11:12 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: None Yet
I spy an LSU Tiger eye logo. Where's the boat located? If you're planning on making a trip to get it maybe I can have someone look at it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:14 AM
TT Newbie

2001 205V , questions before possible purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2018, 11:15 AM
TT Newbie

Boat is located In New Roads LA

Old 11-14-2018, 11:36 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: None Yet
Oh, that boat's on False River, I've seen it out there before. I have friends on the lake if you want somebody to give it a once over before you make a drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:46 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Oh, that boat's on False River, I've seen it out there before. I have friends on the lake if you want somebody to give it a once over before you make a drive

Sent you a PM

Old 11-14-2018, 12:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '99 205v
Personally I would want the boat to have tower speakers (HLCD) for that price. But the bigger engine and relatively low hours make up for that, IMO. It has all the other options I would consider necessities. For what it’s worth, the swim platform even looks great. Usually when an 18 yr old boat looks that good, it’s because the owner took care of it. The skirt on that cover is also a plus. If you plan to keep it on a lift that will help keep the sun off of it. $19k seems like a fair price, assuming the trailer is included.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:31 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2019 XT22
I agree that this seems like a fair price for the condition and options. I had a 2001 205V for 9 years before selling it this year. Never had any problems with it...only thing I ever did was maintenance except for one steering cable replacement when the steering got stiffer. Just for reference, I had significantly more hours and sold mine for more.

I also did some vinyl replacement on mine...that stitching on the center top and the front bow cushions was where mine went first as well. My guess its as much from walking, sitting on the edge as you put on a board/chill than it is from the cover...but it is a fairly cheap fix.

You will love the boat - its great for doing everything. It can obviously ski and has a great wakeboard wake. I made a fake gate for mine and it surfed really well too.

If you ever have any questions on how I set mine up, etc feel free to PM me.