Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 11-16-2018, 09:15 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1990 Maristar 210
James - That is a NICE lookin boat there! I hope mine looks half that good when done!

As for interior, some parts cleaned up nice, others did not (all pics were before). The entire bow area cleaned up good. That was the first I worked on and had me encouraged for the rest. The rear area didn’t clean up good at all. Evidently the shrink wrap that was on it for 13 years was punctured by a limb at some point and let water in behind the observers seat. I am fortunate to have learned of a very good upholstery shop two miles from my house that gave me a decent quote on redoing the back section. We will see where I end up on that.

Thanks for the encouragement and sharing the pics!
Old 11-16-2018, 10:08 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Maristar 210, 1991, 351W
No problem.

If you are going to have to pull the motor and do a bunch of messy maintenance, I'd hold off on completing the interior until the big stuff is complete. After new carpet, it always seems like I spend half of my effort just trying to not get oil/grease everywhere.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:24 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1990 Maristar 210
Good advice. The motor will for sure be pulled (and probably replaced) at some point. It all depends on $ and timing as to what I do when. I’m pretty fluid on how I approach this. Once I get the keel done and back on the trailer, I’ll start the next phase.