Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-05-2015, 02:52 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr1 View Post
I'm in the process of doing this right now. Great lakes skipper is a good resource for out of production parts. Another place to buy wiring harness, actuator & control box is through Master Repair masterrepairinc.com Call and talk to Rose (772) 222-777. They can't get the trim tab plate, but can save you some money on the control box & actuator. Once I get all my parts together and get mine installed I'll put together a thread, but the one I posted above gives the important part numbers.
bingo!!! i actually got the tab from greatlakeskipper before they sold out last summer. also got the switch, faceplate and guage from them. yepp master repair is great when it comes to price!!!! rose told me it would be a week to get the brain box but i had it in 3 days.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:16 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X30
Thanks for all the information, and links!!!
The guy I talked to at Go Surf Assist said they could install center tab for $900 with no gauge. He recommended against the gauge. He said it is simply a timer that measures how long you hold the switch, and not an actual position sensor. Said they go bad frequently as well, and that you can just "do it by feel" with no gauge.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep on Tryin' View Post
The guy I talked to at Go Surf Assist said they could install center tab for $900 with no gauge.
Sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:28 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
The guy I talked to at Go Surf Assist said they could install center tab for $900 with no gauge. He recommended against the gauge. He said it is simply a timer that measures how long you hold the switch, and not an actual position sensor. Said they go bad frequently as well, and that you can just "do it by feel" with no gauge.
Cough, bull$hit, cough. In all the years I've been on this board I've never heard anyone say their gauge went bad.

My gauge shows pretty well the position my tab is in as well.

If you choose to do it yourself with no gauge or box, you could do it for half that.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!

Last edited by CantRepeat; 11-06-2015 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:44 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Cough, bull$hit, cough. In all the years I've been on this board I've never heard anyone say there gauge went bad.

My gauge shows pretty well the position my tab is in as well.

If you choose to do it yourself with no gauge or box, you could do it for half that.
Yeah, I've missed the posts about the bad gauges as well.
I really haven't researched enough to know what the box does vs. connecting it without the box.
From other threads I've seen I was expecting around $1,500 cost for parts if I did it myself.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:15 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Quote:
Yeah, I've missed the posts about the bad gauges as well.

I really haven't researched enough to know what the box does vs. connecting it without the box.

From other threads I've seen I was expecting around $1,500 cost for parts if I did it myself.

Just the wake plate/tab through MC dealer is around $650. They show up around here and on EBay occasionally for much less, but if you want the MC version quick it's going to cost you. I didn't see any stock Lenco tabs that were close in size to the one MC uses. Bennet has tabs that are close, but the way the tab hinge is set up I wasn't sure if they'd work once you cut the piece that mounts to the transom down to fit between the exhaust. Maybe someone around here has a source or alternative that I missed.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:47 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Nautique
Quote:
Yea. I am going to call that as well. Having been around boats with trim plates as a standard option way back in early 2000's to current year. Of all the gauges to crap out that is at the bottom of the list. Way more other components crap out before that. It's a pretty simple gauge based off the lever press as they mention. The go surf guys do have a great product and I wouldn't hesitate for a second installing something of theirs. I would however argue that a gauge is a great feature if you do Watersports. When you find the optimal spot for surfing or for wakeboarding it allows you to consistently repeat the exact setup. Makes dialing in the boat much easier.

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
88 2001 Nautique
Old 11-09-2015, 04:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X30, MCX 350 w/ GoSurfAssist
I moved up to a 2006 X30 from a 2000 Maristar last year. On my old boat, you didn't need an attitude adjustment plate on the new one you definitely do. So a couple of things:

1) You will definitely want an attitude adjustment plate. Even if you have to do it aftermarket. I've not seen gauges go bad and I would want a gauge - use mine all the time.

2) You will definitely want GoSurfAssist. This made an instant, night and day difference in my surf wake. There are some people on here that will say the Tabs don't make a better wake but they have no idea what they are talking about (unless they've actually had them). I've had it both ways and I would never go back.

Good luck with the new boat - let us know if you have any questions!
Old 11-10-2015, 09:01 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Matrix Sorrento Profooter with 225HO E-TEC
Can you please tell me

1. is the attitude plate the same between models (I want one for an X14V)
2. What is the part number for an Attitude Adjustment plate for a 2011 X14V
3. Where best to get a price for one?

I'm in Australia and they want $5k for a system over here. Crazy. I just want the correct plate itself and will do the rest myself.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:02 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake Faller View Post
I moved up to a 2006 X30 from a 2000 Maristar last year. On my old boat, you didn't need an attitude adjustment plate on the new one you definitely do. So a couple of things:

1) You will definitely want an attitude adjustment plate. Even if you have to do it aftermarket. I've not seen gauges go bad and I would want a gauge - use mine all the time.

2) You will definitely want GoSurfAssist. This made an instant, night and day difference in my surf wake. There are some people on here that will say the Tabs don't make a better wake but they have no idea what they are talking about (unless they've actually had them). I've had it both ways and I would never go back.

Good luck with the new boat - let us know if you have any questions!
Thanks for the reply!
I'm seriously considering the GSA. I was wondering if I added GSA if I could get by without a center tab, and take advantage of the "launch" feature of the GSA system.
They have a video of an X35 with no center tab and the surf wave looks pretty clean, especially on the goofy side, which is what most of my crew rides.

Tags
surfing, x30