Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-07-2013, 07:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: PS197
There's a course on the public lake we're on that my neighbor owns. I keep zip ties and buoy lines in my boat and reattach buoys whenever they get knocked off by the ski (or my less than perfect driver). Takes 10 minutes at the end of the set but that way it's ready for the next guy.

I figure if I can help maintain it I feel better about using it.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar190
Quote:
Originally Posted by skps190 View Post
So this morning we get to a local public lake for dawn patrol and find pure glass, even better we see that there is a slalom course setup.
How early is dawn patrol. The guys across the lake from us have one set up, so years ago we went to talk to them about using it. We keep the necessary equipment onboard to fix any damage we do, but one of their rules is no use before 8am. The course is close to the cottage, and let's face it our boats are loud.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Matercraft Prostar 190, LTR330,powerslot,PP,heater
I agree with everything that has been said. Bit of courtesy and surely anybody setting up a course on a public lake would be happy to see a responsible user getting some fun out of it. Hell if you had to swing him $10 for a mornings skiing, might keep all parties happy. Besides when you have responsible users you don't generally have the irresponsible ones hanging around that WILL wreck the course! You do need to communicate with this guy though.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:14 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Knowing what place he came from, maybe show some initiative and go knock on his door.....Hi, I am xxxx, I thinkwe got off on the wrong foot the other day when we were skiing your course....

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 09-08-2013, 07:54 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
If you want to take the high road that's fine. In the mean time he's in the wrong. If he pulls in front of my clearly intended path and stops while I'm at speed, we would have a problem. If I'm not moving but clearly skiing, I go ask him nicely to move. If he's not a $h1t about it, I ask if he wants to grabb his ski and have the next set.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:15 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X14
Nobody except my family ever maintained the course on our lake we had when I was growing up. NOBODY! And yet everyone beyotched up a storm when we bought bouys and stub lines we could take off when we were done using the course. It was fine for people to smash and break our bouys when we left them there and not offer to replace them, but once we started removing them and taking them with us *we* were the azzhats.

This was a fantastically accurate course put in during the winter by a surveyor and at great expense. Yet not one single user wanted to spend any $$$ to pay for the bouys needed to go from the underwater main bouy to the surface except us.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:24 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Malibu Echelon and 1985 Stars and Stripes
Agree the owner went about things the wrong way. Some questions I have are is it a "permanent" feature of that lake or did he set up a portable course for the weekend. I would find out if it is even permitted to be there.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:46 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Forget talking to him. I suspect if he is that much of a jerk to come out, lower his boat off the lift and idle over and park in your way on purpose he wouldn't have met any rational conversation with rational response. He probably would have been a jerk and I think you did the right thing by just leaving. He probably is one of those this is mine a holes. Like my neighbor who swears parking in the street is "his spot" but in fact its public. Still doesn't make him move his car.

My suggestion, Idle over to his boat late one night, climb inside it on the lift and take a big ole dump on the seat.

Maybe he will think twice about being a $#itty person again
Old 09-08-2013, 10:35 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 ProTour 190 & 2006 X9
I set up a portable course on a public lake once in a while. I would be ECSTATIC to see someone else use it for its intended purpose. I don't really even mind the wakeboarders goofing in it. But I can't tolerate PWC's. Personally, I think it would be cool for responsible skiers/boarders to flag down PWC's tearing up anyone's ski course and explain to them its purpose. I'd give a few pulls/gallons of gas to anyone kind enough to attempt to protect my course.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:56 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
I was kidding, Don't $#it in that guys boat.