Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > Wanted to Buy

Old 10-20-2016, 06:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlane330 View Post
Thanks! Yep, that one has been up for quite a while (months maybe? came across it back in Aug I think). Looks to be in pretty decent shape. As you mention, no trailer, which makes it a tough deal for me. Maybe I can just have it delivered, sight unseen? Haha... (no, it's not too early for that)
Hey jlane, I applaud your ability to stay positive through what no doubt was a disappointing and costly experience with the "phantom" boat sale. Just be thankful it wasn't $50 or 60k! What's done is done -- one can either be po'd forever and get high blood pressure, or just get on with life. Sounds like you've done the latter. Kudos.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:55 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X-Star 2009 X-Star (SOLD) 2003 X2 (SOLD)
There are a couple 06 07 x1s on eBay right now.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X-Star 2009 X-Star (SOLD) 2003 X2 (SOLD)
WTB: X1 or X2 (205v)

I think supply and price vary by region. In our area the cc dealer does not deal. Sticker no dicker. As a result supply is less and price is more for a sante in the early 2000's than Mastercrafts.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Achilles sg124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlane330 View Post
Thanks! In the past I've bought two boats (jet ski's) and two vehicles long distance. I'd like to say I never had issues, but one of the jet ski's ended up having a bad cylinder that I didn't find until the next summer. It started fine on the trailer without load. Lesson learned, do a compression test! Otherwise, things have worked smoothly until now. All of them I flew or drove to see in person and deliver payment. I fully intended to do that again, but the delivery option sounded great. Ugh! I do plan on driving for whatever new boat I find...

I've been subscribed to that for sale thread since it was posted. It's a beautiful boat, and appears to be in great condition. There are a few reasons as to why it's not the boat for me, but I do appreciate the heads up and link.

Thanks for the offer. Yours is quite nice looking as well. With that said, it's also not the boat for me.

At this point the budget is damaged, but not gone completely. There are three other options that I've been considering for weeks and months (two have been available for a couple months). None fit my criteria perfectly, thus why I haven't committed to any at this point. I'm a patient person who feels that if I'm paying average or above market value for a boat, I'm going to find what I want (or as close as possible to it). I do compromise pending price, of course.

I realize what I'm about to say might upset some here, and that's not the intention. Sorry in advance. I really like the 205V styling, which is a personal choice obviously. What I don't understand is the pricing. It appears that finding a similar era SANTE is SIGNIFICANTLY easier within a reasonable drive (Denver, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Dallas, OK). Nearly every one I've seen is on a tandem trailer, has the PCM 343 (MPI injection), interior is solid/near perfect, PP, and the pricing is in the mid-$20K's +/-. These aren't project boats. They appear to be in beautiful condition, lower hours, etc. Why do the MC 205V based boats command such a higher price than the SANTE of the same era? I've been back and forth on this, looking at both, but really do prefer the 205V interior layout/storage more. Unfortunately the interiors don't seem to hold up too well, many have a TBI injected motors, and many have single axle trailers. What am I missing? Is the difference in pricing due to a difference in the original prices? 205V just more popular? They both are reputed to have the best wakes in the industry (different, but the best pending preference).

If you can find a Low hour SANTE cheaper than a x2 same year same hours boat I would be all over it. You get more boat for the money and it will surf much better too. The SANTE I think sold for about 10k more than the x2 and will have better quality vinyl the mastercraft. While I prefer the MCX over the pcm predator It's still a no brainer. I will be searching for the same two boats next year myself. I have found though that the SANTE commands more cash than the x2 in my area though.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '06 X1 RTP
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerd View Post
Hey jlane, I applaud your ability to stay positive through what no doubt was a disappointing and costly experience with the "phantom" boat sale. Just be thankful it wasn't $50 or 60k! What's done is done -- one can either be po'd forever and get high blood pressure, or just get on with life. Sounds like you've done the latter. Kudos.
Thanks! I have to stay positive and just move on. After all, I still love boating! Many people in the world experience much worse than I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcfarland View Post
I think supply and price vary by region. In our area the cc dealer does not deal. Sticker no dicker. As a result supply is less and price is more for a sante in the early 2000's than Mastercrafts.
Interesting! In my area we have neither MC's or Nautiques except what's brought in. The closest dealer is 7 hours away for either one. Not much demand for boats in general around here as we are in the desert and two hours plus from a good lake. Lots of old Bayliners around here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwozhog View Post
If you can find a Low hour SANTE cheaper than a x2 same year same hours boat I would be all over it. You get more boat for the money and it will surf much better too. The SANTE I think sold for about 10k more than the x2 and will have better quality vinyl the mastercraft. While I prefer the MCX over the pcm predator It's still a no brainer. I will be searching for the same two boats next year myself. I have found though that the SANTE commands more cash than the x2 in my area though.
Here's an example of what I mean (10ish hours away).

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/boa/5812326377.html

That boat has been for sale for a little while. To me it appears to be very clean. I've come across a few others in the low $20k's just last month that were equally as clean. While they might not have the fuel pump/ballast pump/vinyl issues of the MCs, they do seem to have potential gauge issues I understand. I also like that they all seem to be on tandem trailers and have MPI engines (no TBI offerings I see).

I do prefer the interior layout/storage of the MC 205V over the SANTE. I like the '03 SANTE tower more than any other I've seen, and the windscreen profile. Oh, and the color schemes of the SANTE's aren't as crazy as SOME of the X2's I've seen. I don't see guys changing out rudders on the SANTE's like the MCs. Interior skins are available for the older Nautiques too. I still prefer the styling overall of the MC though, something about that transom profile I really like.

It may simply be this forum holding the prices up a bit. I mean that as a compliment! Great people here who do care for their boats. They also keep them popular and well supported. Otherwise I don't understand why a 12-14 yr old boat commands the prices they do, especially considering the initial purchase price. Supply and demand perhaps, but I think it's more than that.

Tags
205v, x-1, x-2