Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > Wanted to Buy

Old 10-19-2016, 04:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 X2
Sorry to hear about your experience. I've purchase two boats from a distance. One I flew to see, the other I bought in the dead of winter via Ebay having only seen pictures and talked with the owner. I knew it was a risk, but since his bank had a lien on the boat I made the payment to the bank, not to him directly. So that gave me peace of mind.

Good luck on your continued search. You won't go wrong with the 205V (X2, X1) hull. I'll never sell mine!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: None Yet
Here you go
https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=76522

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:00 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: In Search Of...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlane330 View Post
Well, thanks guys. Glad I could provide some humor to your day. :-/ While I'd like to defend my decision and state that there is a lot of additional info not shown (because there is), in the end I was scammed and lost a chunk of change, and it sucks. I'm not hear for sympathy.
In spite of that, I will be moving forward and am still in the market for the right boat, even if it's a long distance deal and I'm driving. I do have cash in hand. Thanks for the heads up on the '03 Xstar, but I'm looking for a 205v boat. Ideally it'd be an '04 X2, MCX, Tandem, red, white, green or yellow.
Edit: Tandem trailer is not make or break. I can/will convert a single to tandem if need be. I want/prefer electric brakes anyways.
I'll pay 1/2 of your air fare if you come to Florida and don't buy my X1!

Name:  IMG_0592.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  86.9 KB

The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word
Old 10-20-2016, 01:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '06 X1 RTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerd View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience. I've purchase two boats from a distance. One I flew to see, the other I bought in the dead of winter via Ebay having only seen pictures and talked with the owner. I knew it was a risk, but since his bank had a lien on the boat I made the payment to the bank, not to him directly. So that gave me peace of mind.

Good luck on your continued search. You won't go wrong with the 205V (X2, X1) hull. I'll never sell mine!
Thanks! In the past I've bought two boats (jet ski's) and two vehicles long distance. I'd like to say I never had issues, but one of the jet ski's ended up having a bad cylinder that I didn't find until the next summer. It started fine on the trailer without load. Lesson learned, do a compression test! Otherwise, things have worked smoothly until now. All of them I flew or drove to see in person and deliver payment. I fully intended to do that again, but the delivery option sounded great. Ugh! I do plan on driving for whatever new boat I find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
I've been subscribed to that for sale thread since it was posted. It's a beautiful boat, and appears to be in great condition. There are a few reasons as to why it's not the boat for me, but I do appreciate the heads up and link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
I'll pay 1/2 of your air fare if you come to Florida and don't buy my X1!

Attachment 152568
Thanks for the offer. Yours is quite nice looking as well. With that said, it's also not the boat for me.

At this point the budget is damaged, but not gone completely. There are three other options that I've been considering for weeks and months (two have been available for a couple months). None fit my criteria perfectly, thus why I haven't committed to any at this point. I'm a patient person who feels that if I'm paying average or above market value for a boat, I'm going to find what I want (or as close as possible to it). I do compromise pending price, of course.

I realize what I'm about to say might upset some here, and that's not the intention. Sorry in advance. I really like the 205V styling, which is a personal choice obviously. What I don't understand is the pricing. It appears that finding a similar era SANTE is SIGNIFICANTLY easier within a reasonable drive (Denver, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Dallas, OK). Nearly every one I've seen is on a tandem trailer, has the PCM 343 (MPI injection), interior is solid/near perfect, PP, and the pricing is in the mid-$20K's +/-. These aren't project boats. They appear to be in beautiful condition, lower hours, etc. Why do the MC 205V based boats command such a higher price than the SANTE of the same era? I've been back and forth on this, looking at both, but really do prefer the 205V interior layout/storage more. Unfortunately the interiors don't seem to hold up too well, many have a TBI injected motors, and many have single axle trailers. What am I missing? Is the difference in pricing due to a difference in the original prices? 205V just more popular? They both are reputed to have the best wakes in the industry (different, but the best pending preference).
Old 10-20-2016, 01:37 PM
MC Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlane330 View Post
I realize what I'm about to say might upset some here, and that's not the intention. Sorry in advance. I really like the 205V styling, which is a personal choice obviously. What I don't understand is the pricing. It appears that finding a similar era SANTE is SIGNIFICANTLY easier within a reasonable drive (Denver, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Dallas, OK). Nearly every one I've seen is on a tandem trailer, has the PCM 343 (MPI injection), interior is solid/near perfect, PP, and the pricing is in the mid-$20K's +/-. These aren't project boats. They appear to be in beautiful condition, lower hours, etc. Why do the MC 205V based boats command such a higher price than the SANTE of the same era? I've been back and forth on this, looking at both, but really do prefer the 205V interior layout/storage more. Unfortunately the interiors don't seem to hold up too well, many have a TBI injected motors, and many have single axle trailers. What am I missing? Is the difference in pricing due to a difference in the original prices? 205V just more popular? They both are reputed to have the best wakes in the industry (different, but the best pending preference).
I'm sorry but I've never heard of a Sante? But to answer your question - Yes the original selling price is probably much higher. If you were to price out a new NXT with all the bells and whistles that my X1 has it would probably be in the low to mid 70's.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 X2
SANTE = Super Air Nautique
(manufactured by Correct Craft)
Old 10-20-2016, 01:43 PM
MC Platinum

Quote:
Gotcha! I wasn't familiar with that acronym!

Old 10-20-2016, 04:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
Gotcha! I wasn't familiar with that acronym!
Sorry, been using that acronym for so long...

SAN = Super Air Nautique
SANTE = Super Air Nautique Team Edition

From my perspective, same class of boat as the Xstar/X2/X1 until '07 when the SANTE was redesigned. I like the '07-'08 versions, but the prices are still up there (above what I'm willing to spend).
Old 10-20-2016, 04:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft X-Star
Green '03 X2. No trailer though and not sure if it's still for sale as the posting has been up for a while.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/boa/5750802390.html
Old 10-20-2016, 06:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bone View Post
Green '03 X2. No trailer though and not sure if it's still for sale as the posting has been up for a while.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/boa/5750802390.html
Thanks! Yep, that one has been up for quite a while (months maybe? came across it back in Aug I think). Looks to be in pretty decent shape. As you mention, no trailer, which makes it a tough deal for me. Maybe I can just have it delivered, sight unseen? Haha... (no, it's not too early for that)

Tags
205v, x-1, x-2