Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > Wanted to Buy

Old 10-03-2016, 10:05 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Prostar 197
I wouldn't get too stuck on a tandem axle trailer... They ride a bit smoother over rough roads but that is about the only advantage.. Tire wear is much higher. Much more difficult to push the hitch around after parking it. I have had my tandem axle for a long time and it would not be a deal breaker but if I ordered a new boat it would be a single axle.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1999 xstar/99 prostar 190/1991 Maristar
Iv got a completely re built 1999 xstar 205 v
330 hp fresh professionally rebuilt motor and tranny (as well as steering throttle shift cables, blower, fuel lines, fuel pump , i replaced everything once the engine is out
iv got about 3 hours on it so far and it runs phenomenally, the interior has some basic issues like most pre 2000 boats but over all its in great shape,
im located in ontario,
let me know what you think
Old 10-03-2016, 03:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '99 205v
I can appreciate the tower preference. I have the '03/'04 factory X2 tower on my '99 205v and even though it doesn't have swivel board racks I think that tower is the best looking for that hull.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post
I can appreciate the tower preference. I have the '03/'04 factory X2 tower on my '99 205v and even though it doesn't have swivel board racks I think that tower is the best looking for that hull.
I do agree with this.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:30 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '06 X1 RTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Corey View Post
Do you not like the '07 and up towers or is that more of a price range issue? We have thought about selling ours in the spring but we are not sure yet. I will be heavily detailing it and fixing as many little cosmetic issues as possible over the winter to get it ready in case we do. Mine misses a lot of your requirement as well since it has the RTP engine, single axle trailer, and is black/white.
Honestly, I'm not a fan of those later towers, amd price is always an issue. Overall I prefer the '04 boats styling. I live several hours from the lake, so I can't justify spending big money on a boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit628 View Post
I just put my 2000 star up for sale. Check out the boat sale forum. If your serious I would be willing to come down on the price some.
Nice looking boat. I came across your ad on CL recently I believe. Your boat is clean. I much prefer the newer towers and three piece rear deck though. Thanks for the heads up and GLWS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoph68 View Post
I wouldn't get too stuck on a tandem axle trailer... They ride a bit smoother over rough roads but that is about the only advantage.. Tire wear is much higher. Much more difficult to push the hitch around after parking it. I have had my tandem axle for a long time and it would not be a deal breaker but if I ordered a new boat it would be a single axle.
For me, the tandem axle is pretty important for several reasons. I tow for hours each way, so besides the better towing manners, I also believe its safer on the road. It's easy to limp a tandem down the road if axle problems (or tires) come up. I also camp on a sandy beach, and the tandem floats better thru the thick sand. I know these concerns don't apply to most here, but having owned both tandem and single axle trailers, tandem are much better for me. If I buy a boat with a single axle, I'll either convert it to tandem or replace the entire trailer. I've never had an issue with tire wear on any of my trailers, we have straight freeways around here :-)

Thanks for all the input guys!
Old 10-18-2016, 06:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: changes every month
Are you still looking for a Boat ? ... I will be Listing a 2003 MC Xstar up soon.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:30 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrjtt View Post
Are you still looking for a Boat ? ... I will be Listing a 2003 MC Xstar up soon.
lol

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=77230

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 10-18-2016, 06:50 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: changes every month
lol .......not funny for this guy..should of done more research
Old 10-18-2016, 08:18 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2
Not a good time for them at all. Research always pays. Crooks are out there, shop and spend wisely.
I've seen many guys on here willing to look at a boat for a long distance buyer.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '06 X1 RTP
Well, thanks guys. Glad I could provide some humor to your day. :-/ While I'd like to defend my decision and state that there is a lot of additional info not shown (because there is), in the end I was scammed and lost a chunk of change, and it sucks. I'm not hear for sympathy.
In spite of that, I will be moving forward and am still in the market for the right boat, even if it's a long distance deal and I'm driving. I do have cash in hand. Thanks for the heads up on the '03 Xstar, but I'm looking for a 205v boat. Ideally it'd be an '04 X2, MCX, Tandem, red, white, green or yellow.
Edit: Tandem trailer is not make or break. I can/will convert a single to tandem if need be. I want/prefer electric brakes anyways.

Last edited by jlane330; 10-19-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Tags
205v, x-1, x-2